calf didn't make it

Help Support CattleToday:

winddancer

Reaction score
well the calf died a few minutes ago...I think something was just not ok inside..will bury her in the morning...

winddancer":2kp41hp2 said:
well the calf died a few minutes ago...I think something was just not ok inside..will bury her in the morning...

You worked hard and did your best. You can feel good about that.
Sorry

Sorry Bout that WD. We just had a cow spontaneously abort a 7 mo old fetus. We still dont know exactly why. I buried her that day. Yep it was a heifer we been waiting for, out of a good AI bull But thats the breaks.

it hurts to lose any calf but probabally more so to lose one that you have babied for 3 weeks, sorry for your loss :(

Even though I didn't think it would turn out any differently, I am sorry that it didn't. Feel good about the effort you gave it though. You did more than some would have. Some things just aren't ment to be (even though that doesn't help the hurt any).

i had a neighbor that put things in perspective... he would say, this is not the fun part of the cattle business.

but unfortunately it is part of the business..

hang in there..

jt

I think that it is safe to say that we all have lost our share at one time or another. It does get a little easier as time goes on and it is part of the business.
Keep your head up and once you see that next new baby you will realize why you deal with the losses.
Best of luck! :)

You gave it one heck of an effort. More than most of us would have. If you raise em expect to lose some also. You may have lost a $600 dollar calf but the experience you gained is priceless.

Latest posts