Calf acts more like a dog...

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm used to my donkeys being friendly, so I am probably less cautious than I should be. Right now I worry way more about getting kicked by a donk than knocked over by a steer. I had a couple of mean heifers last year that had been bottle fed (not by me), and they would sooner knock you over as look at you. Especially if you were feeding. And they would try to eat anything. I saw one lick wet paint off the fence. She had a green tongue.

I know what your saying. I just got a new Miniature horse and she would rather kick you then be petted. Haven't decided if i'm going to keep her yet, but I'll give it the spring and summer to work with her. Then I have my babies that just want there jaw scrached.

scoot129":3s6i8sik said:
I know what your saying. I just got a new Miniature horse and she would rather kick you then be petted. Haven't decided if i'm going to keep her yet, but I'll give it the spring and summer to work with her. Then I have my babies that just want there jaw scrached.

We were going to get a miniture horse and try making a mini mule. I know of a lady around here that does that. After looking at several, I decided that they are all just mean! Also, I don't know about how easy a birth that would be, as my shortest jack was 28 inches at the withers. The horses were shorter, so that would mean getting a stallion and hand breeding the jennie. I like tall jennies and short jacks. Big mares have easier births.

I forget which is which. I know there are mules when you breed one thing to another and hinnies when you breed the opposite way. Make sense?? :lol: But I have one jennie that's pretty testy and she'll kick at the other donks. She'd never kick us (I say that...) but it would be easy to get mixed up in a fight. And it would kill you real quick.

Latest posts