by

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm not much into the rodeo thing...and bull riding scares me to death just to watch it. However, if you think the bull actually has promise, why don't google rodeo stock providers and try to sell him to them. There's a rodeo stock guy that lives just up the highway from me and I see rodeo bulls come and go a lot. I know there's a market for them.

The reason I said sell him is that the bull needs someone who knows what to do...and when to cut his losses.

Alice

Never saw one that could turn around in a chute.
The ones that have a habit of lying down are usually culled.
It's usually a brahman thing.

This post is confusing. To shoot a bull would be to end its life with a gun. You may be referring to a chute.

Beef11":3gbyzrna said:
This post is confusing. To shoot a bull would be to end its life with a gun. You may be referring to a chute.

He clearly say "chute" in his post, just spelled it wrong in the title. Sorry, no experience with rodeo bulls.

Doc Harris was right. Grammer gets bad enough on the bords at times that we have a failure to communicate, as the warden in Cool Hand Luke said. At any rate if you are saying that you have tried him in a bucking chute (such as the rodeos have), and he sulks and lays down. Then you have a problem. He will probably continue in the same pattern. This is his defense mechanism. When he knows it works he will use it everytime. A Rodeo producer would most likley not take a chance with him. Due to the fact that he would cause down time. Time is money and the spectators come to see action. Not a bunch of hands working for ten minutes to get a scared bull into the chute. Besides, a bull like that could really hurt people in the chute, not ever knowing when he'll just plop down. With a cowboy on him or while trying to get him cinched. You best bet like another poster stated is to consult a rodeo producer. Even if you are not plannin g on selling, a reputible producer would be willing to share some trade secrets with you.

I kinda wondered if "shoot" was a Fruedian slip.

Alice

I kinda wondered if "shoot" was a Fruedian slip.

My advice would be to shoot him if he wasn't able to be handled in the chute. It is a critical part of his job. Would you keep the best looking cow in your herd if she came in open every year?

As he changer the title to BY, which should have been BYE, my best guess is he didn't like some of the answers or he went out to shoot his bull.
And my answer to that is:
If you don't like the answer you shouldn't have asked the question!!
SL

Did you Chute it in the shoot? buy the whey what bodee condition was the bowl in? Bowls don't usually have very much imf. What breed was she?

Latest posts