buying Bred Cows

Help Support CattleToday:

M5farm

Reaction score
When Buying bred cows you kinda have to take the farmers word for it and look at what bulls he has. I saw the bull this cow was (Supposed) to be bred too. He's black angus. I'm begining to think theres a bramer in the wood pile. he's got ears and a hump
ResizedImage951340917765012.jpg

will get a better picture today

He said he was pure bred with papers (he was still waiting on them to be sent). But I'm thinking he was Hoodoo'd when he bought the bull this is the second calf I've had with a lot of bramer influence. Make's no difference to me as long as they grow. I'm breeding them back to a simangus bull anyway.

M5farm":2is58dcv said:
He said he was pure bred with papers (he was still waiting on them to be sent). But I'm thinking he was Hoodoo'd when he bought the bull this is the second calf I've had with a lot of bramer influence. Make's no difference to me as long as they grow. I'm breeding them back to a simangus bull anyway.
Don't know what the market wants in your area but over here I'd prefer that baby "As is" rather than pure angus.

I'm tickled with the calves out of these cows so far a couple of them are really growing fast. I wish I had of bought the bull now.
I like the bramer in them. Back in the 80's we had a big bramer that we bred to Charlois and those were some big Calves. and the Charbray Heifers we kept were execllent mommas

Latest posts