Busy while we are isolated on farm

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
Stars & Stripes Sale is on May 2nd. We need pictures, so nephew & I have been halter breaking & "cleaning" up some of our sale cattle. We clipped them and had a sunny day, so decided to try getting some pictures using my phone.
First one is a 5 year old cow, Clinicque. She has a black blazed face heifer calf.

This is a bred fall heifer, Frizzly. She was born the day I flew to pick up my Min. Schnauzer Grizzly!!

Next is a spring yearling that we will breed before the sale, Gemma.

Last one we took pictures of. Gypsy, a spring yearling that we will breed. Do you like the full face picture or side profile?

The full face picture. Does the red heifer go back to STF Dominance somewhere? Her head kinda looks like it.

Are y'all starting to see Spring weather? Those pretty girls look like they're ready to get their butts dirty in a front pasture somewhere. Lol

Thanks everyone. I am VERY proud of my herd. They represent 50 years of breeding. I love showing them off.
Franke - no not related to Dominance. She is an Amigo out of a New Direction out of my old donor cow CLO Sweet Sensation (Too Red x War Diva).
Spring - yes - for a couple of days - up to 65 today - high of 31 tomorrow!!! With snow in the forecast. Been like that all winter. Just getting a COW over the hump with pneumonia (NEVER have had a COW get pneumonia) and treating 2nd calf with bad scours. Had to have vet out for 1st calf. Absolutely down & out - IV'd, electrolytes & tubed milk 3 days. Bouncing, bucking & kicking out in the field now. Cow was severe - Draxxin & Banamine 1st day. Vet IV'd 2nd day - still wouldn't eat - probias & B12 - vet 4th day drenched bucket of alfalfa "stuff". Finally, started eating today (5th day).
Picture doesn't do the cow justice. You could land a small plane on her back. She is as flat & wide as I have ever seen for a topline. Love her dimension. Not one I like to sell, but always committed to sell good ones. And this year we will probably get our hiney's handed to us on prices with everything going on.

We still have a foot of snow in the fields - truly miss the ground.

Great pics.

Someday I am going to drive down and visit you as we are not that far apart. But it is a ways off as the borders are closed to all traffic at present other than trade.

Be safe and have a great weekend,

L

Had little snow flurries this AM - now beautiful sunshine. 30F
Expecting about 10 farms visiting today to pick up semen and view cattle. I group order for our NYSA members and save a bunch of money - just under $5000. Lots higher than normal, but we got a super hot bull for 1/2 price. About 400 units - $18,000 worth, with 22 farms participating. Normally have a meeting today but cancelled. Just semen pick up.

Latest posts