BUSH HOG Squealer - OK or Junk

Help Support CattleToday:

kenojoe

Reaction score
I have been looking at a 7' Squealer (new) to mow some pastures. There is no brush just grass, some of it gets pretty thick at times. I have been using my neighbors 307, which is built like a tank and has no problem with thick grass. I would like to know if anyone has any advice on the Squealer model for my application. I know it is not built like heavier Bush Hog brands (287,297, 327etc.) but wondered if anyone had one and what you thought of them. Thanks Joe

My neighbor has had three Squealers and wears them out fairly quick on her 100 acres. We had the predecessor to the 296. It lasted us 10 years mowing 200 acres and some with heavy brush. The gearbox finally failed so we bought the 296 last year.

If you just have a few acres and no brush, the Squealer is as good as any of the other light weight cutters, but if you have brush, rough ground or lots of acreage, go for the heavier 296.

Junk they don't hold up under any rough conditions, I can do more with my wifes lawn mower (don't tell her) . :secret:

ive had the bushhog 286 for quiet a few years an its holding up real good.a heck of alot better than the 10ft mowhawk that just lasted 3yrs before it was total junk.as a matter of fact we was looking into getting a 10ft heavy duty brushhog to shredd the pastures.

Latest posts