bush hog mod. 2510 rubber element

Help Support CattleToday:

tazzer

Reaction score
I have a older 10' shredder somewhere around a 1992 i think.
anyways has anyone had one that has had the rubber element yoke burnout ?
the only replacement I find is going to run 900 bucks after shipping, I had to replace one last year and guess going to bite the bullet and get the other one now but you would think there would be a way to replace these with something that would work for a lot less.\\

1 88784 Joint, Rubber Element $878.56

I'd eliminate it and put in a slip clutch before I'd keep replacing it
But doing so might screw up the gear box
You can probably replace the entire driveline with a CV and clutch for a 1000 depending on what series driveline you have

Another pic of the rubber, ill check with a prop shop also

tazzer":tfaoswho said:
I have a older 10' shredder somewhere around a 1992 i think.
anyways has anyone had one that has had the rubber element yoke burnout ?
the only replacement I find is going to run 900 bucks after shipping, I had to replace one last year and guess going to bite the bullet and get the other one now but you would think there would be a way to replace these with something that would work for a lot less.\\

1 88784 Joint, Rubber Element $878.56

You might give these folks a call I have used them on Rhino parts and they are reasonable.

http://www.drive-lines.com/

On equipment that is older than 20 years it seems part prices if you can find them are sky high. I stripped a gear in my Bush Hog dish mower which is a 1991 model and it cost $879 to replace. I think the companies do this to try to sell a new piece of equipment.

looks like in the end it did not work which sucks, but Im glade I watched your video before I tried it myself :mrgreen:
I replaced one and now time to replace the 2ed one. hope they last at least 10 years at there cost :shock:

Latest posts