burning piles

Help Support CattleToday:

denoginnizer

Reaction score
I used a couple of store bought "fire logs" the other day to start some piles on fire and they worked great. The thing burns for three hours acording to the package. A lot less messy than carrying diesal and safer than playing with some gasoline mixes.

denoginnizer":2x37t55c said:
I used a couple of store bought "fire logs" the other day to start some piles on fire and they worked great. The thing burns for three hours acording to the package. A lot less messy than carrying diesal and safer than playing with some gasoline mixes.

Thats a dang good idea, never thought of that one. I am stilll burning piles from Rita.

I got some "votive candels"the ones in the metal ring....set them under a log ,it'll burn a long time,and the melted wax helps the fire

FLARES!! Work the best in dry brush piles fair in green ones the ones stamped FUSE EE work the best, they have something in them that drips white hot!

If I ever run out of old tires that I'm trying to get cleaned up, I will keep that in mind. Until then, Firestone is the fire starter.

old tires and some diesal workes for me. It is a good way to get rid of some tires too. Just put some tires in when you start the pile.

You let that black smoke from a tire hit the air around here and the EPA will be on you before the fire gets a good start.Z

thats why you burn them at night.

i wonder if there is a good way to "splinter" fire logs?

alabama":1nk4em5d said:
old tires and some diesal workes for me. It is a good way to get rid of some tires too. Just put some tires in when you start the pile.

A lot of states have banned burning tires, Wyoming among them. That black smoke is a dead give-away, and will have the sheriff on you like a duck on a june bug!

warpaint":3prw1d4a said:
Here's a tip for ya,

Never pur gas on a pile and light it with a bic lighter!! :oops:

Another tip - never keep a hold of the container after throwing the match, either! I think I lost 10 years of my life that day. :shock:

Good tip, warpaint. But you didn't go far enough. Never mix fire and gas in any way, shape, form, or fashion. No joke. Most folks have to learn this for themselves, however. I learned it back in 1968.

ga. prime":19uaqd3u said:
Good tip, warpaint. But you didn't go far enough. Never mix fire and gas in any way, shape, form, or fashion. No joke. Most folks have to learn this for themselves, however. I learned it back in 1968.

Long story, GA. One I won't go into here. :oops:

I thought this was going to be a thread about a substitue for Preperation-H

dun

ga. prime":2lgonjy4 said:
Never mix fire and gas in any way, shape, form, or fashion.

Truer words were never spoken! I screwed up, got the wrong overhead fuel tank and ended up with gasoline instead of diesel fuel. I didn't even realize it until I had splashed the contents around the burn pile, lit and tossed the match, and the flames were following the vapor trail - right back to the glass jar in my hand. Scared the hell out of me! :shock: :shock:

Latest posts