Burial

Help Support CattleToday:

504RP

Reaction score
You know, after reading what options a person has to choose from as to how they want to be laid to rest.

Dieing doesn't sound real appealing to me. Think I am going to pass on it.

Friend of mine died a few days ago. Another friend and I was discussing different methods of Burial.

He told me he was going to be laid to rest in a mossulem. Said his wife didn't want to be burried in cold damp ground. When he told me how much it cost for him and her to be burried in a mossulem I about fail over.

I told him there is noway I was paying that much to be burried. He says " Well it's only money and you can't take it with you ! "

I told him I have heard line before and I am taking every last penny with me when i go ! Explained to him even though I have been a pretty good boy all and all. I might need a little cash to bribe my way into the pearly gates !!!

He told me he had that mossulem trucked all the way from Mississippi because in Mississippi and other states have laws that prohibit burrying people below ground ? I have never heard such. Said he was able to buy it cheaper because mossulem's were so common in Mississippi ? Anybody ever hear anything like that before ?

I Googled it on the net and couldn't find anything about mossulem and people being burried above ground.

All that I did find was kind of depressing and made me decide to pass altogether on dieing.

Couldn't beleave how quick a body decompose's after being embalmed, and burried.

At the best for instance Queen Dianna was burried in a led lined coffin and a body pretty much has decomposed entirely by then and using a led lined coffin is one of the longest lasting methods. Said her coffin weighed like a quarter of a ton itself.

Had one friend that died and was cremated. His son told me that there was a lake that his dad fished at while he was growing up and he camped at for years. The son said that him and his Mother was going to paddle out into the lake and spread his ashes. My brother and his wife had a baby that died of cribs death not long after it was born. They spred its ashes in the mountains.

Another friend started a family cemetery on their farm and he was the second one to be burried in it recently. He burried his father in law in it. His father in law and him both were burried in home made wooden coffins, neither one of them were embalmed. His wife was burried with them the same way just a few weeks ago.

My brother's wishes were to have his ashes scatter at Bolivar Roads 1/2 way between Bolivar Peninsula and Galveston Island. We did so from the ferry Galveston County operates and it went off without a hitch except the wind blew lots of the ashes back on to us and the ferry.
(If you've never done it, there are a lot of ashes and bits of bone mixed in with them. About 5 lbs total.) Each of the family that was so inclined, took a turn dropping a handful of the ashes overboard and I emptied the rest of the container when everyone had done their turn.
The ferry crew was very kind and respectful during the process and the vessel captain stood outside the pilot house and saluted when we were done.

My brother's wishes were to have his ashes scatter at Bolivar Roads 1/2 way between Bolivar Peninsula and Galveston Island. We did so from the ferry Galveston County operates and it went off without a hitch except the wind blew lots of the ashes back on to us and the ferry.
(If you've never done it, there are a lot of ashes and bits of bone mixed in with them. About 5 lbs total.) Each of the family that was so inclined, took a turn dropping a handful of the ashes overboard and I emptied the rest of the container when everyone had done their turn.
The ferry crew was very kind and respectful during the process and the vessel captain stood outside the pilot house and saluted when we were done.
I was surprised at the amount of ashes that came from my brothers baby that wasn't a few months old.

But one of my sister's said it was because of they had the baby cremated in a small wooden coffin my brother had made for it.

They scattered its ashes at the head of a canyon that had water fall that at the time had dried up and was just flat rock.

I was back up there latter during deer season. Was reminiscing about the ceremony and all that had happend and found small peaces of bone that hadn't completely turned to ash. Was surprised at that.

Never seen a body incinerated but know it burns at a very high temperature. Didn't even know they incinerate something as small as a new born baby. Thought maybe they don't incinerate as hot and as long for someone who is smaller in size like an infant of child ?

But they didn't turn all of the babies remains completely to ash. But close enough if i hadn't of known what I was looking at. I would have thought it was just granules of sand.

I think I'd like to be buried under an apple tree, then i can keep growing fruit after I'm gone.

No mausoleum for me, they tilt them backwards so when the body explodes the 'juices' run out the back.....yuck.

Not sure how true but been told (probably internet generated rumour) that at the end of a busy days cremation they divide all the ashes up between all the familes of the days cremations. It does make sense if you think about it, letting it cool down between bodies to clean it out would cost $$$

Diana Spencer , I think she comes down through Robert KOS through the Douglas's . She has Stewart lineage.
Me? I would like to avoid the 2nd death and the Great White Throne judgement.
It is in the Book. Look it up for yourself.
Not to worry about taking anything with you. Both places have already provided for you!
(Blessings to Named'em>LVR)

Dieing doesn't sound real appealing to me. Think I am going to pass on it.
Let me know how that goes, I may want to join you.
He told me he had that mossulem trucked all the way from Mississippi because in Mississippi and other states have laws that prohibit burrying people below ground ? I have never heard such. Said he was able to buy it cheaper because mossulem's were so common in Mississippi ? Anybody ever hear anything like that before ?
They bury in mausoleums in New Orleans because the groundwater level is so high they can't dig deep enough to bury a body.

Last edited:
Good luck on your surgery Named'em Tamed'em and for a great outcome. On the burial thing it really doesn't matter to me as I just don't want to be a burden on my family or anybody else. We have had a lot of great hero's that after a couple generations their graves were pizzed on so this burial thing is overrated or at least by everybody but funeral homes. I mow a family cemetery weekly and after me it will grow up and as I mow sometimes I look at those old stones from the 1800 s and early 1900 s and say to myself I really don't know these folks, but it is my duty to keep this going as long as I can. I think about my dad every time I mow. I try to keep his WW2 footstone shiny and clean.

Good luck on your surgery Named'em Tamed'em and for a great outcome. On the burial thing it really doesn't matter to me as I just don't want to be a burden on my family or anybody else. We have had a lot of great hero's that after a couple generations their graves were pizzed on so this burial thing is overrated or at least by everybody but funeral homes. I mow a family cemetery weekly and after me it will grow up and as I mow sometimes I look at those old stones from the 1800 s and early 1900 s and say to myself I really don't know these folks, but it is my duty to keep this going as long as I can. I think about my dad every time I mow. I try to keep his WW2 footstone shiny and clean.
Good on you JL.

Let me know how that goes, I may want to join you.

They bury in mausoleums in New Orleans because the groundwater level is so high they can't dig deep enough to bury a body.
Not all are, we took a cemetery tour while visiting NO and they bury some in a grave like most places. Now they do work there way to the top and you can see this on the tour. I don't remember but the ones buried may have been back in the 1800s I don't remember

Read the book Chop shop by Kathy Braidhill

I've even read this happening on the news at crematory.

I recently went with a good friend to have her chihuahua cremated. Cost $150 the dog was about 3 pounds give or take. Everybody is different to what they want and how they grief. We always just dug a hole in the ground for our deceased pets. I guess people that live in town may do things differently. I thought to have a dog cremated was a little strange myself. My friends friend was like yea that way if you ever move you can still keep the ashes. My other friend told me yes I have all my dead dogs ashes in tiny little boxes. Strange to me but whatever works for others.

My cousin husband committed suicide. He locked himself inside his garage with his truck nobody found him afterwards for 4-5. He had to be cremated.

Same thing with my Grandmother she passed away at her house, her friend found her days later. This Grandmother didn't live close. She had to be cremated as well.

After going to both an open casket funeral seeing a body and somebody that was cremated. I personally feel it's easier seeing a body to except the person is gone. Even my cousin has told me it was hard on her not seeing her husband body. Like he was playing a sick joke. You had to known the guy he was a jokester.

When I was in high school my best friend committed suicide. 3 weeks before that my dad had died in a car wreck. My other friends parents was supposed to take us to our friends funeral. At the last minute her parents decided we didn't need to go they thought they were protecting us by not taking us to the funeral. My friend had just recently moved about an hour away. I guess back than an hour drive was really far. I didn't get to go to her funeral. For years it bother me not getting that closure. I wasn't sure were she was even buried. After many years one of my other friend and I drove over there looked at all these cemeteries never found her grave. I ended up calling the funeral home and found out were she was buried. The funeral director remembered her and exact where she was buried. He said he remembered how horrible that was being a young girl they didn't get many. They had buried her on somebody family farm. When I finally got to see her grave and realized it was reality it was extremely hard on me. Not that I didn't believe it but yet a little part of me wanted to not believe cause I never had that closure.

This all being said it maybe the cheapest and the easiest to go with cremation. Yet you may want to think about how your family and friends may have closure with that. Some maybe find with the spreading of ashes and some may need to see a body.

I have a friend who's daughter died. She hated dirt so they didn't want to put her in the ground. They talked about a mossulem than decided she would get cold. What they did was open casket funeral than cremation her. My friend build a shadow box, they had molding of her hands made, put the ashes in there along with some other stuff. It's beautiful. The main thing is whatever works for you and your family.

One of our childhood neighbors died recently. She bought a casket from the Amish for $800. I didn't go to the funeral but everybody said it was just beautiful. Everybody couldn't believe how beautiful it was and only $800.

Really in the end it doesn't matter as long as you get the job done. 😉🤷🏽‍♀️

I plan to live until I'm 88 or 90. I want my children at my funeral, throw me in a box, look at me, no preachers no need for anybody to do any speech nothing nice to say about me so move along.... play some music thats not acceptable and have a horse drag me up the hill to the cemetery throw me in the hole. I want to be at this cemetery on top the hill that over looks the river. Simple.

Have gofundme out the booty than go blow the money on some stupid. 😝🤣🤡

Latest posts