bumps on my cow..

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl1234

Reaction score
my heffier has these bumps on her head neck and 1/2 of her back. I'm not sure what they are? they are all conected in some areas and they are under the skin..

can any one help me?

how many bumps?

Please talk to a vet ASAP, I am not sure if you have the problem in Florida, but if it was SA my guess would have been lumpy skin disease and this could well be the beginning of an epidemic.

knopvel_2.jpg

Does it look like this?

funky 4-Her":25zjzsps said:
heat pimples???

what was the pic of that u added KNERSIE?

That is lumpy skin disease right at the start of the illness, it gets worse from then on

Hives? Change of feed? Ant or wasp/hornet/bee stings? They can all cause bumps/lumps.

I am new here so take what I say with a grain of salt but we have had some small bumps on our pig which ended up being Chiggers. They are a tiny little external parisite which suck blood and cause very painful bites. Ivomac takes care of them because when we did his worming the bumps went away. They will bite you too and like to bite in the creases of your body like behind your knees or in the areas under the elastic in your clothes. I am just getting over an attack from them. The bites range from a mascito size to the size of a dime and hurt like hell.

Bug bites? Put up a picture as word descriptions of health problems lead to vagueness or better yet, phone a vet who can see what you are talking about.

Cattle grubs...search that and see if it could possibly resemble cattle grubs...

Alice

Alice":3vztmzs6 said:
Cattle grubs...search that and see if it could possibly resemble cattle grubs...

Alice

The head part makes grubs pretty unlikely but the back would be right. I learned a long time ago to not be surprised by where grubs pop up. Yeras ago we had a Basset that every year would get one or two.

dun":notcz9z3 said:
Alice":notcz9z3 said:

Alice

The head part makes grubs pretty unlikely but the back would be right. I learned a long time ago to not be surprised by where grubs pop up. Yeras ago we had a Basset that every year would get one or two.

Dun, the back is what made me think of grubs...and I guess it's easy enough to find out if it is grubs. I don't remember what you said about using a coke or beer bottle to pop them out. I just remember watching my daddy squeeze them out.

However, is there anything harmful that can result if someone were to try squeezing the bump just to see? I dunno...thank goodness we haven't been faced with that in a long time.

Alice

probably horseflies. possibly yellowjackets or something. even fireants. if they are small and widespread could be hives but i doubt it.

Alice":16dodt06 said:
dun":16dodt06 said:
Alice":16dodt06 said:

Alice

Dun, the back is what made me think of grubs...and I guess it's easy enough to find out if it is grubs. I don't remember what you said about using a coke or beer bottle to pop them out. I just remember watching my daddy squeeze them out.

However, is there anything harmful that can result if someone were to try squeezing the bump just to see? I dunno...thank goodness we haven't been faced with that in a long time.

Alice

Old fashioned glass coke bottle, the big ones, are greeat for getting rid off grubs/warbles. Unless the breathing hole is visible I wouldn;t be randomly squeezing lumps/bumps.

dun":1133luwd said:
Alice":1133luwd said:
dun":1133luwd said:
Alice":1133luwd said:

Alice

Alice

Old fashioned glass coke bottle, the big ones, are greeat for getting rid off grubs/warbles. Unless the breathing hole is visible I wouldn;t be randomly squeezing lumps/bumps.

Yall are grossing me out, here!

Latest posts