Bull shopping

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky cowboy

Reaction score
I'm thinking of switching bulls up from a low bw bull to something that would add some frame. I currently run around 25-30 cows but when prices come down I need to expand some, so I would like to be able to retain some heifers. What are some recommendations on bloodlines or even sales coming up in the Kentucky area.
Thanks

I bought a SAV Raindance son which has some Charlo breeding in the pedigree last fall . His calves so far have had more frame and been a little bigger than my Rampage son and my Weigh Up calves . The angus sites on the AI sites change faster than weather so I'm not up on the new ones .

I'm thinking of switching bulls up from a low bw bull to something that would add some frame. I currently run around 25-30 cows but when prices come down I need to expand some, so I would like to be able to retain some heifers. What are some recommendations on bloodlines or even sales coming up in the Kentucky area.
Thanks
Contact @gizmom and see what they have available. Great people with a stellar reputation for honesty and integrity, and for having quality Angus cattle.

Thanks
Need to add some frame ??.
Call me in 6 months 🙂IMG_20231011_135941502_HDR.jpg

IMG_1350.jpeg
They will have something to fit the bill.

I think you'll be pleased if you buy one there. They have some pretty strict breed back guidelines. Lots of old lines going back to graham angus and also some outcross.

I went to an auction there before had some nice bulls, didn't like the way they sold them. Can't remember for sure what they did differently but remember I didn't like it

Latest posts