Bull review.

Help Support CattleToday:

If I had to choose between 111 and 105 for a commercial herd I would pick 105. He looks like a much stouter bull all around to me from the pic. He might be a little cheaper also because he is horned and a 91% bull. I see a lot of strong Limo bloodlines in his pedigree. He looks like a powerhouse to me. JMO

Circle H Ranch
http://www.chrlimousin.com

My choice between 111 and 105 would be 111. (did not look at epd's computer screen didnt want to zoom today.)
Coments on both
105- Nice back. Decent length. I dont like his "pot belly" apearance. His legs seem kinda short. And now the show side of me is going to speak. He is wasty up front, has a horrible head set, and horns.
111-Nicely muscled. Good back (not as level as 105). Uniform depth, long legs. (show aspect) Decent head set, resonably clean up front, no horns. He also apears to be bigger than lot 105 (although it is hard to tell from a picture)

I also like 122 (should grow into a nice bull) and 131 is just a darn nice lookin animal. Looks like its gonna be a good sale.

Thank you for the responses I need two new bulls this year but only one terminal. I still have one bull that can take care of business so with the three I should be able to get bye. I am looking forward to to sale.

I think that yes they are fat for their true working size but... "pit bull" likes like a possible terminal sire for some of the 900-1000lb cows what do you think!!?

Pit Bull is a really nice looking bull. His EPD`s indicate he is close to Breed average on growth but he would probably work very well on your cows. Pit Bull would also not have to be a terminal sire. Based on his milk EPD which is well above Breed average he should be fine to retain daughters out of also. Did they give a reason why they were selling him? He is only a 3 year old. I wouldnt think they had enough calves out of him yet to decide on keeping him or not. They could also not like his calves at all and are selling him for that reason. I was just curious.

Circle H Ranch
http://www.chrlimousin.com

Latest posts