Bull pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

WarEagle73

Reaction score
We are getting ready to sell our herd bull and I was taking some pictures to make an ad to put on facebook, etc. Just wanted to get some opinions on the pics to see if there are any glaring flaws that I am not seeing.

Here is a link to his EPDs also.

Bull
IMG_0199_zpsbbb3ce22.jpg

IMG_0198_zpsc04ae93d.jpg

IMG_0201_zpsddc83409.jpg

17-18 month old daughters
IMG_0193_zps8c9fd770.jpg

IMG_0176_zpsfeeaf064.jpg

IMG_0195_zps301c9612.jpg

Dec-Feb calves
IMG_0208_zpsbb8974b9.jpg

IMG_0204_zps5734ad5a.jpg

IMG_0196_zps2276fa18.jpg

Beautiful place, northeast Alabama is as pretty as it gets. Most people in the south are pulling bulls with the same idea during this time of the year. You may do better to pasture him until the fall.

A pretty boy. He is powerful in the front. Looking at evaluations I see here, someone is going to say he is not as powerful in the back-end. However, I see many bulls that are built smaller in the rear, many are in the Angus semen catalogs. Those names in the pedigree are popular. His scrotum is not on the big end at least in relationship to how big he looks. The CE (8) EPD: I would not think many would want him for heifers. Good luck. Born 2009, not too old!

He looks good to me. How are you going to sell him? I just sold one by the pound and the buyer and seller were very happy. I sold him for .10 cents a pound more than the high price at the sale barn. Sure nice to know he's not heading for hamburger yet.

He's a pretty decent bull and he throws some nice calves..........unfortunately at his age he is worth slaughter price.

Fortunately at his age he is probably worth close to what you paid for him.

Good luck.

I'm not really in any hurry to sell him, so I don't mind to wait until fall to get the price I want. I paid just a little over slaughter price in 2012 so I think I can easily get my money back. As far as replacing him, I'm not sure yet. I really would like to keep him and take his daughters and breed them to a Hereford bull, but we can't find any more ground and we don't have enough to run 2 bulls. I'll probably find another moderate framed angus bull.

We calved 12 heifers to him and the previous owner calved 6 heifers with his calves and no calving issues.

WarEagle73":2lhj1p6q said:
I really would like to keep him, but we don't have enough to run 2 bulls.

I would then suggest you keep him another year. Leaving you the problem...how to breed his daughters?
Could you rent a bull for 45 - 60 days to breed them?
or
Is A.I. breeding an option?
IF it is, heifers have higher A.I. conception rates than breeding cows A.I. [so ya got that going for ya]
By selecting an A.I. extreme calving ease bull, perhaps you could breed them a month or 2 earlier then you normally would,
leaving you with the option to sell any that repeated at a sales barn as vet checked open & breedable.
I guess if you want to keep his daughters, but can't solve the problem of how to get them bred...then he has to go.

That's kinda the problem. We already bred his first set of daughters to a borrowed bull and allowed this bull to breed the cowherd for the 3rd time. Next season he will have to sets of daughters that are breeding age. We have gotten a lot of good use out of him, and I hate to see him go. He upgraded the cows we had so hopefully we can get a good bull that can do the same to his daughters, and we can start stacking some good genetics and making some functional cows.

good bull and photogenic too. If you don't have his replacement ready to go, and if you're happy with him, I see no reason to sell at this time. Just keep his daughters away from him if you have the ability to separate your cattle. Just one question. Is it just me, or do his heifers look as masculine in the head as his bull calves? I'm not knocking them, but if I had to pick one thing, that would be it..

Latest posts