Bull pic's

Help Support CattleToday:

rattler

Reaction score
Would like to know what you think about this critter's shoulder's I am tinking of useing him on a few heifer's his B/W was #76lbs

HPIM0848.jpg

Thank's
rattler

Go ahead and use him! He has muscle! His lines and angles seems to work, and scrotal development too.
I would use him, albeit as terminal because I apreciate brindles and red cattle.

If I am nitpicking, his shoulders is maybe a touch straighter than the ideal, but not enough reason to foresee calving problems. The ideal photo angle would be a photo taken front directly in front when the bull has his head down grazing.

TNMasterBeefProducer":u8dkcid3 said:
Not to bad of a bull. As mentioned previously you could use him as a terminal sire and I think if you did that he would do alright.

A black bull that is no funnel butt?

TNMasterBeefProducer":1vfcse3m said:
Right that bull there doesnt look to have a funnell butt. Rattler is that bull a limo? He has an awfully rounded hindquarter to be Angus.

Yes he is a Limi and he will used as a terminal sire.
KNERSIE when i an back over their i will try to get a pic of him with his head down.

rattler

With a bull this good to be used as a Terminal breeder, you have to nit-pic! He will make some great terminal calves, but I would be cautious about breeding him to heifers which have not grown out so as to show some size at breeding time. See shoulder discussion below.

When I looked at him the first time, I thought that he had a very sloping rump, but upon very close scrutiny I decided that it was because he had a well developed 'upper' quarter, and some heavy fleshing just over his anterior tail head. Also, he appears to be standing with his hind feet slightly higher than his front feet, which would cause him to place his hind feet slightly forward, therefore making his Sacrum (the area between his hooks) appear to move up, or skyward. This is a good example of why it is not good to apply too much 'weight', or validity to a picture.

His shoulders may appear to be 'open' , or flared slightly, for the same reason as mentioned above regarding his hind feet placement. I would consider him a good bull for siring good, solid Terminal calves.

DOC HARRIS

Nice bull. I wish we had him.

I wouldn't breed him to heifers but I don't breed Lim bulls to heifers at all.

DOC HARRIS":16uw3bam said:
With a bull this good to be used as a Terminal breeder, you have to nit-pic! He will make some great terminal calves, but I would be cautious about breeding him to heifers which have not grown out so as to show some size at breeding time. See shoulder discussion below.

When I looked at him the first time, I thought that he had a very sloping rump, but upon very close scrutiny I decided that it was because he had a well developed 'upper' quarter, and some heavy fleshing just over his anterior tail head. Also, he appears to be standing with his hind feet slightly higher than his front feet, which would cause him to place his hind feet slightly forward, therefore making his Sacrum (the area between his hooks) appear to move up, or skyward. This is a good example of why it is not good to apply too much 'weight', or validity to a picture.

His shoulders may appear to be 'open' , or flared slightly, for the same reason as mentioned above regading his hind feet placement. I would consider him a good bull for siring good, solid Terminal calves.

DOC HARRIS

DOC he is standing on a slope he must be a bit camera shy this is the best pic i could get of him i aint much good at the picture thing anyway if i have ever took a good pic of the bulls and cows i cant remember it.Thank's to all for the comment's i was worred about the shoulder's a bit.

rattler

Looks good. What kind of EPD on birthweight? Also, what bloodlines is he from? Do you have an epd on docility?

rjk":4zctehym said:
Looks good. What kind of EPD on birthweight? Also, what bloodlines is he from? Do you have an epd on docility?
He is a purebred lim but we did not reg him his sire reg# is npm-1511691 his dam reg#is npf-1618742
His actual birth weight is 76 lbs

rattler

Latest posts