Bull #1 or bull #2

Help Support CattleToday:

TNMasterBeefProducer":2u2wxdi6 said:
Bull one looks like that pedro bull you used to have. Bull two is that your new one. I like him only I dont like his hide color.

Yup, Pedro and Pauncho

I'll reserve my answer until I see some pics of #2's calves. Can't imagine them being any better than Pedro's, though. Poor Pedro.

Dun, I like them both...Bull #2 looks better in the photos, but with the different angles of the photos, its hard to pass judgement on bull#1

we should all have such problems . . .

did you purchase or raise these two?

angus9259":h0be6xyv said:
we should all have such problems . . .

did you purchase or raise these two?

Bought them both. The first one we only used on a couple of cows the first year then last year we let him have his own group instead of cleanup. The calves were ok that first year, but this year with a wider selection of cows that calved to him we wish we would have kept him instead of selling him.
The seond one we bought this year but again, he only got to breed 4 cows, maybe next year he'll get his own group.

I have to go with Knersie on this one. I like #i's topline, shoulder, depth of flank and muscling better.

the only place I really see much to recommend 2 over 1 is he has better depth in his heartgirth.

Just my opinion, right or wrong.

3waycross":kc6yfxj2 said:
I have to go with Knersie on this one. I like #i's topline, shoulder, depth of flank and muscling better.

the only place I really see much to recommend 2 over 1 is he has better depth in his heartgirth.

Just my opinion, right or wrong.

I Agree ..... Shoulder structure and depth...... But they both look like good bulls!!!!

Both are good bulls, but I like #2 over #1 because of his more substantive body conformation, and he has heavier bone and stands on his legs more squarely. The angle of #1 prevents his being seen in a complimentary condition, but by imagining him in the same posture as #2, I feel that he is a more desirable bull for a Terminal program, but will also have acceptable replacement heifers. His hindquarter carries lower than #1, and appears to have more capacity, which will be passed on to his progeny.

DOC HARRIS

It amazes me that nobody ever mentioned the fact of extra set in the hind legs on #2 as that has been discussed on here quite aggressively. Or, am I just seeing things?

hrbelgians":c8t7xcjm said:
It amazes me that nobody ever mentioned the fact of extra set in the hind legs on #2 as that has been discussed on here quite aggressively. Or, am I just seeing things?
I dont see a problem.. looks like he's tracking right.and his back is still strait as he's moving foward

Latest posts