Buffalo

Help Support CattleToday:

Guy down the road had 50 or so. They do love to run, used to watch them come over this one hill and you'd swear they were going to end up in the road.

Uncle butchered one for a guy once and at the crack of the gun the thing just stared at him. Tough animals and not much meat there when you get them skinned out. I have ate it a couple of times with it being excellent about half of the time.

There is also an episode 4 just so you know Bigfoot. Oh and there is an actuall movie that is an hour and a half long from which the clips were taken from. Better get on youtube and check that out when you are mind numbingly bored and need to kill time. hahaha

Many years ago there was a bison herd near Kincaid (now there is a country name) State Park in Pendleton County KY where I was raised. The owner had over 30 and always would have a couple on the loose. They would resort to shooting the ones that got out. I think he liked the adventure of hunting them down. In the end, the entire herd got out. It made a big story. Every hunter in the county was out helping shoot them down. The Fish and Wildlife folks were not too happy.

A friend of mine raised 2 buffalo heifers on bottles. He learned the old saying is true that "you can herd a buffalo anywhere IT wants to go"

I was ridin dirt roads yesterday evening and went by a place where there used to be about 10 Buffalo and There was about 8 of them in the back field. the old man died several years ago and I thought they got rid of them. I guess they just moved them to the back pasture. I like looking at them on someones elses place.

My son was burning up to watch the full movie. It's on YouTube. I watched it with him. I was actually surprised that it was pretty good. I quit TV cold turkey back in December. The fact that I hadn't watched any in a while could have had something to do with it.

Neighbor close by has some. Their field is around his house. No one going in there! He told us the year of charlie, francis, jean hurricanes that they jumped the fence each time and just hung out. Jumped back in later. He had never seen them do that before.

We raise Bison at both of our farms. At our Wisconsin farm we have a Bison bull that we also raise beefalo calves from. At our South Dakota farm we have Bison, White Bison and Beefalo.

Price vary greatly according to location. When I was in Ohio last month yearling calves were about $850 to $1200, in Iowa calves were averaging $800, in Missouri 3 weeks ago, I purchased 21 yearlings with an average of about $1000 ea. Bred cows here in SD last month were from $1500 to $2200 depending on age.

Latest posts