Hauling buffalo?

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Anyone had any experience hauling buffalo? I made the mistake of going with a friend today to load a bull buffalo. Had to put him in the trailer using a tractor to push him. He then put a horn through the side and then proceded to tear the rear door off of the trailer. No way in he!! I would have one.

Seen an almost new 24 ft aluminum trailer that had been tore to shreds by 3 18 month old Buffalo bulls one time
I don't think I want anything to do with them
neighbor has them his trailer is completely enclosed on the sides
he says you don't want them to be able to see out or they will try and get out and his trailer looks pretty rough

When hauling cattle I cull nothing, no matter how big or mean. My Wilson trailer will take anything cattle can dish out. But no way is a buffalo going in it.

I hauled 9 head of buffalo from harrodsburg, Kentuckey, to Albertville,Al in a 20ft gooseneck brand trailer with open sides, with no trouble at all. but I'm sure some of them things can be a hand full.

oscar p":22ebnw31 said:
I hauled 9 head of buffalo from harrodsburg, Kentuckey, to Albertville,Al in a 20ft gooseneck brand trailer with open sides, with no trouble at all. but I'm sure some of them things can be a hand full.
seen a couple buffalo at the stockyard in kilpatrick about 2 or 3 years ago,, that wasnt some of em was it?

oscar p":v5wqtrfv said:

Im sure those were an exception to the rule. I saw em trying to work em once and vaccinate em. Had to have super heavy duty facilities to keep them damned 3000 pound buffs in .

alacattleman":d4yp3r2f said:
oscar p":d4yp3r2f said:
seen a couple buffalo at the stockyard in kilpatrick about 2 or 3 years ago,, that wasnt some of em was it?
No, weren't mine.Mine have been gone for about 9 years.

I went and picked up an Angus bull we had slaughtered about a month ago. Well, the owner wanted me to come Sunday night to get the beef because he had tobacco to work the next day. He's a nice older man and I got there and he had a big ole 44 magnum sitting on his desk. I asked him if that was for protection and he said no he forgot and left it there from yesterday when they processed some buffalo. He said they don't let them off the trailer because they're simply nuts and will tear the place apart. They just shoot right on the trailer and then take them in.

Latest posts