Buc-ee's

Help Support CattleToday:

How far away from Disney do you live? You make it sound like an easy drive.
About an 8-hour drive.
However, the two Buc-ees I visit are an hour outside of it in Daytona Beach, etc. so right off I-95.

I have been to the one in Crossville and at the time the gas price was under anybody around there, which was worth going. I would not go out of my way for their food though or at least what I got. It is a big place with like 99 gas fillip terminals if I remember correctly.

I have been to the one in Crossville and at the time the gas price was under anybody around there, which was worth going. I would not go out of my way for their food though or at least what I got. It is a big place with like 99 gas fillip terminals if I remember correctly.
The new one at Sevierville will have 120 gas pumps.

The lady that inherited Stuckey's has been on a pilgrimage these last few years to get it going again and from what I hear they're making some headway, even if just in terms of merchandising their nuts. I hope they succeed, business success stories are the epitome of the American dream.

Seems there is a following that is collecting T-shirts from the different stores, kind of like Hard Rock Cafes from years ago. I believe one has to step foot into the store as they have no online way to get a t-shirt.

Im missin something..... never been to a buc-ee's. In Daytona? I lived in Deland for a dozen years and worked at the Longhorn there across from the speedway for years. ..... left 5 years ago now.

Im missin something..... never been to a buc-ee's. In Daytona? I lived in Deland for a dozen years and worked at the Longhorn there across from the speedway for years. ..... left 5 years ago now.
Yes your missing something for sure. Your missing great food, clean restrooms, and reasonable price fuel.
Oh did i mention great food and fast service.

Last edited:
Yes your missing something for sure. Your missing great food, clean restrooms, and reasonable price fuel.
Oh did i mention great good and fast service.
I made my first trip to a Buc-ees a couple of weeks ago. The restrooms were very very clean. Since I had already had the brisket sandwich on more than one occasion, I opted for a beef and onion burrito. It was expensive, but a ton of food, and very very good. So, overall, it was worth the stop.

I really like their hot sauce, and t-shirts. lol

I read about an instance at Buc-ee's recently that confuses me. A bobtail trucker visited Buc-ee's for the first time. Parked in two car spaces. They have a sign stating that no 18 wheelers are allowed. This guy only had 10 wheels. I understand that they welcome buses and rv's.

They have signs with the bobtail trucks with a big NO on them. It's well known they don't want truckers as customers. It's chaotic enough with the high volume of cars, trucks pulling boats, campers/RVs....

IMG_6959.JPG

They have signs with the bobtail trucks with a big NO on them. It's well known they don't want truckers as customers. It's chaotic enough with the high volume of cars, trucks pulling boats, campers/RVs....

View attachment 30928
It is full enough withoit trucks. But RV's, 5th wheels and trailers behind pickups are welcome

Latest posts