Brute

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm in love with my Remington 700 SPS tactical in .308. It has a really short bull barrel with the Hogue stock. That stock keeps it from sliding all over the place and is quiet. It has little to no recoil with that heavy barrel. It is my go to scoped rifle now even for deer hunting. It's size makes it really nice in the blind also. I can put it in a soft case and it fits in the compartment under my back seat, which is another bonus.

I paid like $550 for that gun brand new. I'm running a Leupold scope on it right now.

I run one of 3 rifles when hunting. My long distance (1000 meter+) spot and stalk rifle is a remington 700 magnum action in 300 win mag, with a Bartlien 26" barrel in a M24 contour (heavy), trued and blue printed action, cnc barrel lug, XLR carbon chassis, Timney 510 trigger set at 1.2lbs, and M-11 tanker muzzle brake, the glass on top is Athlon Optics 6-24x50 scope with mil turrets. My coyote gun is an AR-15 in 5.56 with Athlon Optics prism 4x34 scope. Rifle number 3 is my "brush gun" for when I am getting down and dirty in the bush hunting the BIG stuff...Browning Model 71 lever action in .348 Remington. On that bad boy I use Williams TK peep sights....the perfect brush cutter rifle that kicks like a mule!

viva la figa":3v9caxfu said:
I run one of 3 rifles when hunting. My long distance (1000 meter+) spot and stalk rifle is a remington 700 magnum action in 300 win mag, with a Bartlien 26" barrel in a M24 contour (heavy), trued and blue printed action, cnc barrel lug, XLR carbon chassis, Timney 510 trigger set at 1.2lbs, and M-11 tanker muzzle brake, the glass on top is Athlon Optics 6-24x50 scope with mil turrets. My coyote gun is an AR-15 in 5.56 with Athlon Optics prism 4x34 scope. Rifle number 3 is my "brush gun" for when I am getting down and dirty in the bush hunting the BIG stuff...Browning Model 71 lever action in .348 Remington. On that bad boy I use Williams TK peep sights....the perfect brush cutter rifle that kicks like a mule!

Getting serious now! Will they let you shoot coyote in Cali?

Latest posts