bruce jenner

Help Support CattleToday:

tumblr_nnlopjhGUV1qj46iqo1_500.jpg

:hide:

greybeard":1epupxm9 said:

He has done worse he did Hillary :hide:

Why the heck does anyone care what Jenner does? No I didn't watch the interview. I try not to pay attention to reality stars most have never done anything worth my time. He won some medals good for him now go disappear like all the other people who won medals in non relevant sports.

wacocowboy":um7h4sfy said:
greybeard":um7h4sfy said:

He has done worse he did Hillary :hide:

Why the heck does anyone care what Jenner does? No I didn't watch the interview. I try not to pay attention to reality stars most have never done anything worth my time. He won some medals good for him now go disappear like all the other people who won medals in non relevant sports.

Although his mind is more twisted than a bag of pretzels, his accomplishments in the Olympics were legit. Winning gold and setting a new world record in the decathlon is relevant (some would argue ha ing been a world record holder in the decathlon makes you the greatest athlete of your generation) I will simply say this, as a track and field coach, the decathlon takes a tremendous amount of athletic ability and hardwork...relevant enough to land him on the Wheaties box anyway.. :2cents: .

If things keep going like they are, he (she) may end up back on a Wheaties box---in a blue cocktail dress. :yuck:

greybeard":2gqqy1dd said:
If things keep going like they are, he (she) may end up back on a Wheaties box---in a blue cocktail dress. :yuck:

Only if there's a stain..... :shock:

Couldn't resist...sorry

bball":lbcaclkj said:
Although his mind is more twisted than a bag of pretzels, his accomplishments in the Olympics were legit. Winning gold and setting a new world record in the decathlon is relevant (some would argue ha ing been a world record holder in the decathlon makes you the greatest athlete of your generation) I will simply say this, as a track and field coach, the decathlon takes a tremendous amount of athletic ability and hardwork...relevant enough to land him on the Wheaties box anyway.. :2cents: .

Not trying to step on your toes but most Olympic sports are not relevant. Boxing, basketball, football, baseball, hockey, and soccer are relevant sports they talk about them pretty regular on sports shows and they are televised pretty regularly. For my :2cents: they could cancel the Olympics I don't think most would miss them.

I turn the channel when 3 people come on can't stand to look at them
Bruce, Hillary,Barack,
You can guess the last names

wacocowboy":24ra0bxo said:
bball":24ra0bxo said:

Not trying to step on your toes but most Olympic sports are not relevant. Boxing, basketball, football, baseball, hockey, and soccer are relevant sports they talk about them pretty regular on sports shows and they are televised pretty regularly. For my :2cents: they could cancel the Olympics I don't think most would miss them.
Yet on the other hand I bet you love rodeo....how relevant is it to anything?

wacocowboy":45m1skh0 said:
bball":45m1skh0 said:

My toes aren't sore yet waco :D . I enjoy the discussion. Olympics aren't relevant?? Events like figureskating, gymnastics and track are still huge draws based on viewership. I understand you may not enjoy them just like I refuse to watch soccer and don't care for hockey (unless theres a good fight), but it doesn't make them irrelevant. If you notice in sports today, what seems to really draw interest, is building a back story. The NFL has done this to perfection (with help from its own personal marketing dept, you may have heard of them, ESPN) the Olympics do a great job of this too, a great recent example was mayweather/paquiao. HBO and Showtime united to market the fight hourly. And it worked! Relevance is about current interest...generating interest is easy to do, especially when you can broaden your already loyal sports fan market to include a greater percentage of the female market...just give the back story, it often lures in even the non sportsfans. :tiphat:

Didn't mean to hijack the thread..got off topic..my apologies..I didn't watch his interview, I also refuse to watch his/her/their TV shows, I don't think he would have to give back any medals won because, at the time he won them, he was still male. And making his exes lesbian, I can't even try to logic through that mess!!!

wacocowboy":x24ztjmr said:
bball":x24ztjmr said:

the Olympics and everything else you mentioned could be cancelled and it wouldn't bother me any.

ALACOWMAN":3g87iin8 said:
ga.prime":3g87iin8 said:
There's a market for that Jenner/Kardashian story of which I'm not even vaguely familiar with.
. No doubt living with them, drove him crazy as a sht house rat..
:lol2: That's got to be right!

TexasBred":3p91v108 said:
wacocowboy":3p91v108 said:
bball":3p91v108 said:

Yet on the other hand I bet you love rodeo....how relevant is it to anything?

Hey rodeo especially bull ridding gets more air time than most Olympic sports.

bball":1oesuxck said:
wacocowboy":1oesuxck said:
bball":1oesuxck said:

My toes aren't sore yet waco :D . I enjoy the discussion. Olympics aren't relevant?? Events like figureskating, gymnastics and track are still huge draws based on viewership. I understand you may not enjoy them just like I refuse to watch soccer and don't care for hockey (unless theres a good fight), but it doesn't make them irrelevant. If you notice in sports today, what seems to really draw interest, is building a back story. The NFL has done this to perfection (with help from its own personal marketing dept, you may have heard of them, ESPN) the Olympics do a great job of this too, a great recent example was mayweather/paquiao. HBO and Showtime united to market the fight hourly. And it worked! Relevance is about current interest...generating interest is easy to do, especially when you can broaden your already loyal sports fan market to include a greater percentage of the female market...just give the back story, it often lures in even the non sportsfans. :tiphat:

Cool. I also enjoy discussion. Yes people watch these sports every 4 years because their country is competing. Check the rating when they show these sports outside of the Olympics. I have heard NBC has struggled with rating in the last few Olympics just like ESPN has struggled with women basketball but still airs it. I will watch major soccer events like the World Cup but not much else but it is the most popular sport in the world. I don't watch hockey at all last game I watched was when the Stars won the Stanley Cup. I don't care to watch NASCAR but that is a sport that has become popular. BSPN loves their drama I hate that channel will only watch live sporting even on there like MNF. HBO, Showtime, Floyd, Pac, Top Rank, and Haymon robbed people. If you know boxing you had to know that fight was all hype and nothing else. I have watched Pac and Floyd fight for years and maybe 5 or 6 years ago. it might of been a good fight to watch but not today. I have noticed now days sports are more marketed to women and kids. Sports like football already know they have people like me locked in now they change the rules to make the scores higher more excitement and more for fantasy football. I enjoy a 17-14 game more than all these 30 and 40 point games so the NFL has kinda ruined football for me.

herofan":1usv7g5s said:
wacocowboy":1usv7g5s said:
bball":1usv7g5s said:

the Olympics and everything else you mentioned could be cancelled and it wouldn't bother me any.

I agree they could cancel them an I wouldn't care. At the very least they need to adjust them to maybe once every 8 year or 10 years. They cripple these countries that host these games it is just one big money pit.

Latest posts