Breeding question

Help Support CattleToday:

bully54

Reaction score
I live in Miss. A friend of mine who has nice Hereford cattle is willing to let me take one of his bulls for a few months to breed when the time comes (no cost). My question is this, would you breed him to an Angus or Brangus? I know there is not much difference but which one and why? The reason I ask about Angus and Brangus because these two breeds are available to me at a reasonable price.
Thanks

bully54":2gdq5awv said:
I live in Miss. A friend of mine who has nice Hereford cattle is willing to let me take one of his bulls for a few months to breed when the time comes (no cost). My question is this, would you breed him to an Angus or Brangus? I know there is not much difference but which one and why? The reason I ask about Angus and Brangus because these two breeds are available to me at a reasonable price.
Thanks
if i were in Montana or a colder climate,, theres no question.... angus... but here it would be brangus ....

I agree with ALA... due to climate, Brangus would be my choice, IF both are similar.. which we all know they probably arent.

bully54":309jug08 said:
My question is this, would you breed him to an Angus or Brangus? I know there is not much difference but which one and why?

Not much difference??? You just totally alienated me. Probably alienated folks on the other side of the fence who live in cold climates.

bully54":2jalrem9 said:
Thanks
Either should work in Miss.....breed to what sells best in your area.