Bred Cow Prices?

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
Hey everybody,I'm looking at buying some nice Black cows from a fairly local farm. They are 6 months bred to Black Gelbvieh bulls. Some Reg. Angus cows,Some Reg. Limos.,Some Reg. Gelb. And some Commerical black cows. Ages 3-6. supposed to weigh 1250-1400# I was looking for some input on what these type are bringing in your area? To give something to go off of when I make an offer. Thanks B&G :tiphat:

1,500.00 and up for registered. The commercial a little cheaper. Calves are high and going up, at least I hope so.
Ask yourself why is he selling good young cows heavy bred?? I would like to know that answer.

highgrit":kr9igu3a said:
1,500.00 and up for registered. The commercial a little cheaper. Calves are high and going up, at least I hope so.
Ask yourself why is he selling good young cows heavy bred?? I would like to know that answer.

I did'nt ask but, with the drought we had around here I would assume Hay or even Water issues. Good point though I will be sure and ask.

Thanks for the help. I ended up going the a Reg. female sale for SF farms (Black Angus Breeder) I bought 4 breds. 2 will be 4 in march,2 will be 5 in march. One them is a daughter out of "Final Awser 0035". Nice young cows. The four averaged $1675.00 All 3 to 4 months safe with calf. Bred to good Black angus bulls. :banana:

Latest posts