Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or supper? How do you say it?

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS":kl96tz2w said:
Around these here parts it is normally breakfast, dinner and supper.....lessen of course we are going to a fine, upscale establishment for supper (Hardee's) and them it becomes dinner. :lol:

:D

I once confused my dad needlessly because they were keeping the baby, (when I had one), and I had said I would be back around dinner. I meant Dinner, the last meal of the day. He thought that meant Dinner, or the middle meal of the day. He called all worried about 3:00.

I guess it is like saying Ice Box when you mean refrigerator.

When I was growing up the town folks said breakfast, lunch, dinner.

The farm folks said breakfast, dinner,lunch(afternoon snack)supper.

I now say it all different ways!

coffee, lunch, supper, cocktail time.

when i was in college it was happy hour, lunch, happy hour.

My Sunday school teacher said in Biblical times Sup was the meal before a fast. Breakfast, well you know that one.

All depends on who is calling us in for the meal.
Breakfast...after morning feeding
lunch...if Susie is fixing...Dinner if I'm inclined to make it
Supper if it's my turn to cook...dinner if it is Susie's.
Going out...if neither is inclined but both of us are hungry...usually includes a movie and some shopping, no sense wasting a trip to town.
Dmc

Breakfast, 11'sies, Lunch, High tea, Dinner and Supper. that's how it used to be here, but always B/L/D/S.......I have 6 small meals a day it keeps the sugar levels in check.

the saying goes,,Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince and Dinner like a Pauper. this way you should stay thin.

Latest posts