Braunvieh twins

Help Support CattleToday:

chippie

Reaction score
Our daughter's Braunvieh cow had twin heifers this week. We finally bred her to a Braunvieh bull and were surprised to get two.
The cow popped both out easily and their birth weights were 65 and 60 lbs. Everyone is pleased as punch with them.
They will be registered and will darken with age.

73e93c.jpg

I wanted to cross my angus cows to a Braunvieh bull this year, but it is hard to find a Braunvieh breeder in Texas.

That's what I was thinking - every time I look for 'em on The Cattle Range... they're almost all in TX - though I do know that TX is a big-@ss place!

Have seen Braunveih semen available at Bovine Elite (TX) and Universal Semen Sales, but not many other places, other than ordering direct from breeders - and I don't have a shipper, so I'm largely confined to buying from a commercial semen service.

Like you said Tx. Is a big place , Panhandle is about 500 mile from me, the others I have seen are in Far East Tx. About 400 miles And their picture did not look good. Too far for me to go get a bull. Could not find any locally. Angus and Brangus are the largest breeders in our area,

Thanks for the reminder about R&D, chippie. They're not far away from me. May be a place to make a short run to pick up some semen on some more 'modern' bulls than what some of the semen suppliers carry... Had contacted one of the 'big name' breeders in VA about availability/pricing, etc., and have never heard back from them. Local folks may be more accomodating.

I am late reading this post. Congratulations! These are beautiful babies. Thanks for sharing and please keep sending pictures as they grow.

Latest posts