Braunvieh or Saler

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep":1uqq0rop said:
There's an old joke.. A vet went to check on 3 cows, a Hereford, a Saler and an Angus.. He looked in the pen where they were and the Saler spooked and jumped out, the Angus broke out, and the Hereford sat there and prolapsed
I think it goes that it took her a second to see through her cancer eye, but then when she got spooked she tripped over her drooping udders, prolapsed, and died

Lazy M":zoy40i23 said:
Nesikep":zoy40i23 said:
There's an old joke.. A vet went to check on 3 cows, a Hereford, a Saler and an Angus.. He looked in the pen where they were and the Saler spooked and jumped out, the Angus broke out, and the Hereford sat there and prolapsed
I think it goes that it took her a second to see through her cancer eye, but then when she got spooked she tripped over her drooping udders, prolapsed, and died
haha, she tripped on her drooping udder with her bad hooves :p

trin,

Simangus (SimmentalXAngus) and Balancer (GelbviehXAngus) offer several advantages:
-Larger selection of breeding stock to choose from than Salers & Braunvieh in most parts of the country
-Due to larger breed numbers, EPDs are likely much more predictable than from smaller breeds like Salers and Braunvieh
-Balancers/Gelbvieh and Simangus/Simmental offer excellent female fertility
-Dispositions in general for both of these breeds is good, and superior to many Salers
-Won't get the funky colors that you could get from Braunvieh
-Acceptable calving ease, good growth, and good combination of carcass yield and quality grade with Balancers and Simangus
-Calves will likely have more depth and "rib" than most Salers, making the calves more appealing to calf buyers

Latest posts