Brangus X Simmental

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

What do you think about breeding a brangus bull to my Simm. hiefer is this a good cross and what will we end up with? Hiefer is a reg. FB and the brangus is reg. also. We will be showing what ever we have. will the calf be 3/8 simm.,3/8 angus, & 3/8 Brahama? or what?

[email protected]

It should be a good cross but it wouldn't be that cross put those three together thats 9/8 the calf would be 1/2 sim 3/16 brahman 5/16 angus Jake

[email protected]

the calf will be 3/16 brahman, 5/16 angus and 1/2 simmental. simmentalxbrangus is a good cross. however, theres no telling what the calf might look like. it will probably be black, black and white, a dark brownish or red, or perhaps gray or gray and white,maybe pink, etc. as long as you dont get a rat tail calf you should do fine in the showring (i'm assuming rattails are frowned upon in the showring like at the salebarn?)

If your looking to ad some black bos induces blood into your Simmental herd why don't you use black Simbrah bulls. This way the calves could still be registered with the ASA and have e.p.d. on the calves. If you would like semen on black Simbrah call Bovine Elite and they have the largest bank of semen on Simbrah bulls.

Matt Bar M Ranch <A HREF="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>

> What do you think about breeding a
> brangus bull to my Simm. hiefer is
> this a good cross and what will we
> end up with? Hiefer is a reg. FB
> and the brangus is reg. also. We
> will be showing what ever we have.
> will the calf be 3/8 simm.,3/8
> angus, & 3/8 Brahama? or what?

[email protected]

Latest posts