Brahman Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

BRAFORDMAN

Reaction score
My new "red brahman" herd bull. He is a paternal half brother to my dark grey bull, LMC Polled Legacy.
His dam is a red brahman cow. The speckles came from gyr breeding in his dam's pedigree.
I love speckled brahman :) He should throw solid red calves on the right cow. If he throws speckled calves its ok with me.

LMC POLLED RICO

rico_on_grass.jpg

JMH Polled Alejandro

JMH_POLLED_ALEJANDRO1.jpg

A bull I bred myself out of Legacy. Sorry this is the best picture I have. It's hard taking pictures of gentle cattle :lol: He had been weaned about a month.

I think he will be better than his dad. His sheath is one of the cleanest I have seen on a brahman bull.

Alejandro is stout, who is the mother? I really enjoyed the videos the other JW made at your place.

JWBrahman":6ad52hr2 said:
Alejandro is stout, who is the mother? I really enjoyed the videos the other JW made at your place.

His mother(smooth polled) is out of a Nelore bull and a JDH Sir Liberty Manso daughter.

ALACOWMAN":2iwjbfqk said:
some small nutts on the older bull.... like the younger one to
I agree they aren't as big as they could be, but they are bigger in person. I collected semen from him after I bought him. He is very fertile.

ALACOWMAN":rnuqynkv said:

I would agree on the small scrotal. If this bull is to be used for commercial uses so be it, but to improve your herd, no way. One problem that Brahman have is later maturing heifers. You are going to have heifers that are even worse than the standard of Brahman cattle. He's a good looking bull, but those squirell nuts are a no go for me!

ALACOWMAN":3ac8pn0m said:
do you know Rick Reeves ??

No, but I am a fan. Do know the lady who makes Shakira's clothes, she is a brahman breeder in Brazil.

houstoncutter":w0wv32zy said:
ALACOWMAN":w0wv32zy said:

I would agree on the small scrotal. If this bull is to be used for commercial uses so be it, but to improve your herd, no way. One problem that Brahman have is later maturing heifers. You are going to have heifers that are even worse than the standard of Brahman cattle. He's a good looking bull, but those squirell nuts are a no go for me!

I don't know about squirrel nuts. They are atleast 38cm. And as for late maturing, he was breeding a good amount of cows before he was 2 years old.

BRAFORDMAN":3staxkg5 said:
houstoncutter":3staxkg5 said:
ALACOWMAN":3staxkg5 said:

I don't know about squirrel nuts. They are atleast 38cm. And as for late maturing, he was breeding a good amount of cows before he was 2 years old.[/quote

I will assume that this pic is a couple of years old, cause that dont look like a 38cm set of cods. Brahman's grow into their mature nut size later than English cattle. Small nuts equals late maturing daughters. If he is 38 cm at 4 years of age that would be ok.

houstoncutter":3r5yb0n0 said:
BRAFORDMAN":3r5yb0n0 said:

I don't know about squirrel nuts. They are atleast 38cm. And as for late maturing, he was breeding a good amount of cows before he was 2 years old.[/quote

I will assume that this pic is a couple of years old, cause that dont look like a 38cm set of cods. Brahman's grow into their mature nut size later than English cattle. Small nuts equals late maturing daughters. If he is 38 cm at 4 years of age that would be ok.

He is 4 years old. His testicles were measured before the sale. They are 38 cm.
Its just the picture. I don't buy bulls with small testicles.