Brahman bull

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a brahman bull that is 12 months old he needs a little more muscle. He has good bone and lenghth is also fine. He has plenty of size to carrie 200 more pounds. I just cant get him to eat enough feed to gain the the wieght. Anybody have any advise.

Thanks Bobby22

dont over feed him he's a brahman they are slow to mature just keep him growing.you dont want that sucker following you around wanting a hand out i have had plenty of bra cows and most of them look like they could use some extra weight. that there nature.you want be putting much muscle on him anyway no matter how much you feed him. but the best advice i can give you IS HAVE HIM IN GOOD SHAPE GOING INTO WINTER :eek: and yes i was yelling i want you to herethat above all else :cboy:

I think a good question is what are you feeding him now? Brahman cattle's feed conversion is sometimes different and requires different management. If you are very serious about getting more weight on the calf there are some things that you can do, it just gets to be a little more time consuming. if you are interested let me know.

WO I am not much on a computer. I my be able to get my son to post 1 for me. He is a red brahman my son is showing him in Nashville next week.

I'm sorry I mislead you. My son took him to Cossville Tn. friday and he look real good but just not as heavy as the rest. We are kind of new to this. I guess I should be on the show board with this. Thanks anyway.

You can post here with any question. There should be enough people here to help you with putting weight on a bull. Show or no show. It just gives them more of an idea what your goal is.

Chuckie":zc8s8xwp said:
You can post here with any question. There should be enough people here to help you with putting weight on a bull. Show or no show. It just gives them more of an idea what your goal is.
Make sure he is on a complete and balanced Mineral supplement.

Hey wocattle this bull calf i am talking about is polled. that is kind of rare in brahman cattle isn't it.

From what I have seen at shows, polled Brahman are pretty rare. I have only seen one ranch advertising polled Brahman at one show. The rest have been dehorned or still have horns.

Latest posts