'Boys

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
Saw that Bill Parcells has retired from the Dallas Cowboys. I am very happy to see this, personally. I was okay with him through about half of the first year, then i really began to dislike him, his attitude, and personality. I do think was a good coach for the most part, just not what the cowboys need. Too self-centered and arrogant for my liking i guess.

Jerry Jones makes Jim Irsay, Jr. look like the best owner in the world. I predict the cowboys won't compete until they fire the owner. Have y'all considered "emminent domain" for a Texas institution?

john250":397h35c5 said:
Jerry Jones makes Jim Irsay, Jr. look like the best owner in the world. I predict the cowboys won't compete until they fire the owner. Have y'all considered "emminent domain" for a Texas institution?

When Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys my brother said, "The man looks like a pervert." That did it for me...

Alice

Alice":1haysfjf said:
john250":1haysfjf said:

When Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys my brother said, "The man looks like a pervert." That did it for me...

Alice

I don't care about the Cowboys one way or the other, but I always liked Parcells. I think if Jones would let his coaches do the coaching, the Cowboys would be a lot better off. He seems like a control freak who has to make all the decisions. I know it's his money and all, but I think the better owners get the best coaches and players they can and then stay out of the way.

VanC":jzghc0rf said:
Alice":jzghc0rf said:
john250":jzghc0rf said:

Alice

I don't care about the Cowboys one way or the other, but I always liked Parcells. I think if Jones would let his coaches do the coaching, the Cowboys would be a lot better off. He seems like a control freak who has to make all the decisions. I know it's his money and all, but I think the better owners get the best coaches and players they can and then stay out of the way.

Jerry Jones won't ever be able to stay out of the coaches business. How Jimmy Johnson put up with it as long as he did is beyond me, except that Jimmy Johnson was as big a glory hound as Jerry Jones.

Alice

Alice

I think Stoops would be a good NFL coach, and a good one for the cowboys. Just not right now. Where they are at, they arent looking for any rebuilding, just a coach to get them over the hump to the next level.

I did hear an idea that i thought was funny: let Jerry Jones coach for this year (since that is really what he wants to do), then when he gets it out of his system, bring in Bill Cowher next year.

Ryan

Ryan":dm4h0yk5 said:
I think Stoops would be a good NFL coach, and a good one for the cowboys. Just not right now. Where they are at, they arent looking for any rebuilding, just a coach to get them over the hump to the next level.

I did hear an idea that i thought was funny: let Jerry Jones coach for this year (since that is really what he wants to do), then when he gets it out of his system, bring in Bill Cowher next year.

Ryan

The Boy's are a low class organization at best and that's all they will every be with Jerry Jones.
When Clint Murchison owned them that was a class organization with Tex Stram and Landry.
He also had a beautiful ranch out of Athens used to quail hunt on.

Haven't paid attention to them since they got rid of the best 1/4 back they ever had. Dandy Don Meredith

dun

dun":1bzrspud said:
Haven't paid attention to them since they got rid of the best 1/4 back they ever had. Dandy Don Meredith

dun

That was when I became a fan.

If Jerry Jones would have offered Landry a job as a scout, and let him retire gracefully, I would feel a whole lot different. To me he is the jerk who fired Landry period. Johnson did a good job. Then he ran him off.

T.O. and $700K a game for him? This is the guy who treaded on the star! He needs to be shot, not hired.

Jerry Jones will be recruiting from the prison systems before it is over with.

I have never been a college fan, but lately I have been watching a lot more college ball.

New York took the lady from Arkansas and her husband and village. Does anyone reckon they'd like another Arky? We can send them Jerry.

Latest posts