Bought Sweep System Today . . .

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
Some sort of big Ag show going on in Pendleton this weekend. Powder River stuff on sale. Think I made a good deal on the PR PRXL7 outfit; added an extra section of alley, a no-back stop, and a cut-out gate. Will pick most of it up in Pendleton next weekend, as we travel further east for a wedding. Am SO GLAD I'M DONE CHASING AROUND LOOKING FOR THIS STUFF used, here/there, from state to state. :)

A year from now you'll wonder why you waited so long to get it!

dun":29zy7g6n said:
A year from now you'll wonder why you waited so long to get it!
I know why I waited so long to get it, Dun . . . . . $$ (rather, lack thereof). I'm excited now. The rest of the "system" will be constructed such that once it's up, IT'S UP!! Would be hard to modify it later.

I'm re-thinking the usefulness of the cut-out gate. With only 20 ft. of alley from sweep to squeeze, I'm thinking it might not really be that handy. What do you think?

Kathie in Thorp":32g8nw4j said:
I'm re-thinking the usefulness of the cut-out gate. With only 20 ft. of alley from sweep to squeeze, I'm thinking it might not really be that handy. What do you think?
We have gates every 12 feet. Surprising how handy they are. Also it's easier to put them in at the start then later on

dun":1rgf485g said:
Kathie in Thorp":1rgf485g said:
We have gates every 12 feet. Surprising how handy they are. Also it's easier to put them in at the start then later on
True, Dun.

Trust me, the cut gate will be useful, if you end up using it only 1 time (which will actually be many) you'll be glad you have it. Once you've worked them through it a few times, you'll see how handy having cut gates are.

Katherine

I can't believe your going to give up on Craigslist. Whar are you ever going to do with all your extra time now that you're not looking?

kjonesel":3m873yye said:
I can't believe your going to give up on Craigslist. Whar are you ever going to do with all your extra time now that you're not looking?
You never know what you might find on Craigs! Just not looking for a sweep system now. :)

Kathie in Thorp":2t9z35a4 said:

Mine is an older Powder River which has 20 feet of alley to a cut out gate and it works really handy. But then I don't have a palp cage. I just use the cut out gate and swing it in instead of out. Works fine for me.