BOBCAT SKIDLOADER

Help Support CattleToday:

piedmontese

Reaction score
dont hear much talk about skidloaders on here.we use our 873 bobcat daily.cant imagine a tractor with a frontend loader being half as quick with roundbales or clean-up.although a tractor can do alot that a bobcat cant.

I have an S300. I don't bother putting a loader on a tractor. I can load hay in a forth the time as a tractor. But then I'm not going to put a 6' offset on the Bobcat either.

I use a 7753 for cleaning up the holding area and other tight places. I find they are next to worthless for traction in the mud and snow and ride like a lumber wagon. I get a headache from bouncing around all the time. I much prefer a MFWD loader tractor. I can move more material and actually get it where I want. I tried using the Bobcat to load my feeder wagon a few times as the neighbor swears by it. I couldn't see a darn thing. I was looking at the side of the wagon and had no idea what was coming out of the bucket other than by looking at the scale and realizing I dumped too much in only after the scale jumped. It took about 10 trips to load the alfalfa when it normally takes 2 with the tractor.Tight maneuvering is the only advantage I see with a skidsteer.

My rubber track skid steers get around pretty good but if you are working in the same area very much and the ground is damp or wet you tear up the ground pretty bad. You end up working in a big wallow pit. A lot easier trying to load trailers looking down from a cab or open station tractor than trying to see out the roof of that skid steer.
Bear

Latest posts