Bobcat 873

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
I have thought about buying me a skid loader if I ever run across a good buy, its not something I have to have, but I do have a lot of cedars I could remove. I have a friend that has one he is offering to sell me that sounds like a fairly good deal but I do not know. if any one knows much about these I would like some info. It is a Bobcat 873 new in 2002, good running but paint is ruff cab with heat/AC has been used mostly for shearing cedars 2142 hours , 73hp Deutz, 74'' bucket, grouser tracks, 20'' tree shear, 72'' grapple bucket, good 20' gooseneck trailer, He is offering it to me for 18000.00 for everything.
good buy - bad buy- or about right ????????

My husband has all this equipment, not sure if its equal size with what you are looking at though. But that price seems good for what you are getting to me.

Hours are pretty low, I like the Deutz (I hear you should check/replace oil cooler lines).. I was looking for the same model. Trailer is probably worth $4K, tracks, shear and grapple bucket arent' cheap either though I don't really know what they're worth.. I think there may be some room to bargain, but it's sometimes nice to be able to get the whole setup, and if the attachments are the ones you need to do your work, great.. It sounds like you might be able to do some custom work with it as well.

skyhightree1":1yeuu2br said:
If everything is working good that's a extremely good price however I would try to get it cheaper lol

Why? If I'm dealing with a friend and the price is fair why try and beat someone up.

True Grit Farms":3m2rn7je said:
skyhightree1":3m2rn7je said:
If everything is working good that's a extremely good price however I would try to get it cheaper lol

Why? If I'm dealing with a friend and the price is fair why try and beat someone up.

Just to mess with them not try to beat them in the head down to the white meat.

I can not offer him any less I know this man real well ,we go to church together, him and his wife are older with LOTS of health problems that is one of the reasons he is selling it. A dealer said he would sell it for him and ask 24500.00 and charge him 5 % . I have did some things in the past just to be nice and help him out and he knew I would like to have one so this is what he said I could have it for 18000.00. If I think that is to high than I am going to just tell him to let the dealer sell it for him. I looked on machine trader and the cheapest one I found had 3000 hours and no cab or heat and AC they were asking 14500.00

Sounds pretty fair to me particularly if the tracks are in decent shape as well as the tires. That's $5k right there. They are good machines with great power and will surprise you with what they will do with tracks on. Motors on those are close to indestructible. If you can swing it and need it go for it.

I have a 883 which is basically the same machine. I love mine. I have used it to load trucks and shear and the added wheelbase is great for stability. The deutz is a great engine. I had to replace the drive chains at 1500 hours which was a little pricey but all in all it has been a very dependable machine that I worked beyond its intended use. I need to replace the timing belt on mine and if this one has not had it done consider it because it is my understanding that the valves hit the pistons if it breaks. Service manual recommends to change it every 1000 hrs. Good luck I hope you buy it.

True Grit Farms":18nzkyiq said:
skyhightree1":18nzkyiq said:

Ya that's a good way to make me mad. If I'm dealing with a friend and giving them a deal I don't need insulted.

Latest posts