JCB Skidloader

Help Support CattleToday:

larryshoat

Reaction score
Does anybody have one? We've always run Gehl's and they have been bullet proof, but I really like the looks of the side entry on the JCB. The problem for me is that I can not believe that you can hang that boom off of one side and not have issues. Just curious if anybody had any experience with the JCB loader.

Larry

haven'tdealt with their loaders but been on a few of their backhoes they were ok
IMO they were slow,and awkward compared to our Cats and JD's had plenty of hyd power and not much problem with the ones we leased
They only reason we had them was the dealer offered us a 6 month lease on them for half of what a Cat or JD was just to get a few out where they could be seen

is it a skid loader or a telehandler with the side entry

Skidloader, my cousin had a telehandler out on demo one time. It was ok but as soon as you jibbed the boom out it, didn't handle it very well . I suppose it just wasn't big enough.

Larry

I have been around a few and they seem to be real bad about wireing problems,It might run fine for a couple days and then it might quit moving.And i was never impressed with the power or wieght even compared to a doosan or mustang. If i was buying a new skid steer it would be a kubota or a john deere.

I heard somebody else mention something about the wiring. Sounds like more bad reports than good.

Larry