board walk

Help Support CattleToday:

gonzo

Reaction score
I have a small mud problem where my cows come out of there hut . Roof runs off in that direction and moving the door is not an option. With the frost in the ground it's not a big problem but come spring i've got a mess. think'n about lay'n slab wood down in the mud and keep stackin it in there till the kids are out of the mud. I know it's not a long term fix but it'll get me threw this spring and I can shed the water away some how this summer. dumb idea or can it work ? :bang:

Rock is cheaper than wasting good lumber. They have the wood trashed in no time.

hooknline":33nxld0g said:
Rock is cheaper than wasting good lumber. They have the wood trashed in no time.
Yup, 2 inch rock works well for mitigating mud holes

Lumber is free, just gotta go around a mile to get it load up all you can get. all i'm worried about is it getting too slik to keep'm on thier feet. tryed rocks they'r free 2 thus" STONE ARABIA". Can't keep the rocs still enough 2 stay put afraid somones gonna get hurt. thanks for gett'n back n happy new year

Why not try a gutter or something to make the water run another direction. Then fill the whole full of rocks or gravel.

Try digging out the mudhole (when possible) , filling the bottom with fist size gravel & top with 6-8 inches of gravel screenings. They are fine & pack down like you won't believe , & easy on the feet. I have fixed a couple chronic mudholes this way. :)

HEREFORD ROADHOG":2nobbbxe said:
Try digging out the mudhole (when possible) , filling the bottom with fist size gravel & top with 6-8 inches of gravel screenings. They are fine & pack down like you won't believe , & easy on the feet. I have fixed a couple chronic mudholes this way. :)

AGREE!!!! I used old brick once as a base. Worked great.

Also get the water away from the shed. Perhaps a gutter on the roof, and if on a slope maybe a terrace uphill diverting the runoff away from the shed.

I'ii give that ashotyou can't all be wrong. Board walk was a brain fart glad I got you people2 talk me out of it. thanks

Latest posts