Sioux Steel/Tuff/Real-Tuff Squeeze Chute Video Walk-Thru

Help Support CattleToday:

Aaron

Reaction score
I made a video for people that need to familiarize themselves with the Sioux Steel chute. The video got cut off at the end (time-out on the camera), but the majority of it is there. Might make more sense than the long-winded thread discussion we had a while back on here.

[youtube]SqCIC1-2SHA[/youtube]

I looked at a Sioux Steel recently and like how it is built but I did have a couple questions about them that you have answered.
Like you mentioned about the vet's I do not like the direction the palpation door opens.
I see you do not use the breast bar. Have you tried one?
The one I looked at seemed noisy and the video seemed to say the same thing.
Seems like a super built chute. I have 2 W&W and a For-most and there are things I do not like about each one.

kenny thomas":2wkp258o said:
I looked at a Sioux Steel recently and like how it is built but I did have a couple questions about them that you have answered.
Like you mentioned about the vet's I do not like the direction the palpation door opens.
I see you do not use the breast bar. Have you tried one?
The one I looked at seemed noisy and the video seemed to say the same thing.
Seems like a super built chute. I have 2 W&W and a For-most and there are things I do not like about each one.

The brisket bar comes standard with the chute. I have never had a problem with cows going down in the chute, so I removed it - it sits in a nearby shed with the neck extender.

Mine is due for another grease job (about once a year) which helps quiet them down considerably. I just washed it down a couple weeks ago (like to do it at least once a year) so likely pressure-washed some grease out of pockets.

Latest posts