Big dream coming true

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice cattle. So are you getting into purebred cattle now? Interesting seeing the different breeds in other countries.
Yeah, abit. It's been a dream of mine to have this breed for a decade. Also it is becoming a necessity to have some purebreds to grow a bull for our own commercial cows. It got quite hard to find a bull we want with an adequate amount of info about him.

Yeah, abit. It's been a dream of mine to have this breed for a decade. Also it is becoming a necessity to have some purebreds to grow a bull for our own commercial cows. It got quite hard to find a bull we want with an adequate amount of info about him.
The best place in life is to feel like you're living the dream. Good luck in your new venture.
We got into AI in our herd because we wanted to raise our own bulls as well. The cost of buying quality bulls was getting to take away to much of the profit for us especially when u factor in an injured bull here and there. Now we are trying to figure out if we want to enter the purebred business.

Getting opinion from the girls on the bull sellection 😅
20240511_145427.jpg

Two first AI'ed are already comfirmed incalf. Others still have abit of time left until I can tell if they are pregnant or not. Gonna add two new bulls to the tank for the empty ones. These are easy calving, heifer safe bulls, so will be abit more confident in using them on heifers.
20240511_212933.jpg
20240511_212939.jpg

And started hot wire learning process for the girls before they go outside.
20240510_223752.jpg

Getting opinion from the girls on the bull sellection 😅
View attachment 44643

Two first AI'ed are already comfirmed incalf. Others still have abit of time left until I can tell if they are pregnant or not. Gonna add two new bulls to the tank for the empty ones. These are easy calving, heifer safe bulls, so will be abit more confident in using them on heifers.
View attachment 44644
View attachment 44645

And started hot wire learning process for the girls before they go outside.
View attachment 44646
It says something about your area and concerns over calving ease compared to here in the US. You are calving 100 pound plus calves without assistance... and here many of our cows are incapable of birthing anything over 70 pounds without being pulled it seems. Personally, I believe you have much better cows.

Latest posts