Better bull photo

Help Support CattleToday:

Jessica06

Reaction score
This is a picture I took today of a bull that I posted a while back in a thread showing some of the animals in our herd. Just shows the difference a well-taken photo can make. Not looking for opinions, just thought it was a little unfair to him to show him in a not-so-good light.

Earlier

772416ac9f49b58c7d7766f83bb96a90.jpg

Today

fb97dde74da36a0b57e5e2e87ab6e870.jpg

I don't qualify as a judge but if I may be so humble as to offer an opinion, that bull looks magnificent to my eyes. Thanks and I think you know he is good. As my dad would say, "that is all that is necessary".

inyati13":2gag74y0 said:
I don't qualify as a judge but if I may be so humble as to offer an opinion, that bull looks magnificent to my eyes. Thanks and I think you know he is good. As my dad would say, "that is all that is necessary".

Why do you think that he is magnificent? What is good about him?

To me, he looks like he is made out of two different bulls. His front end is massive and his hind end, not so much.

chippie":2e7asoql said:
inyati13":2e7asoql said:

To me, he looks like he is made out of two different bulls. His front end is massive and his hind end, not so much.
I do see that his back end is light. My bull is like that. I think all cattle within reason are magnificent. I will tell you what gets me. I see people put up pictures of their stock and people pick them apart. I am concerned they get too serious about such non-sense. What if the person putting up a picture is a 10 year old who is proud of their livestock and someone makes useless statements that hurts them. I often worry that I say things that may hurt a youngster or even some one who is sensitive to something that I may not be aware of. In conclusion, I don't and will not provide negative feedback unless I am sure it is beneficial or the person requests it. I think the original post her actually states they are not seeking opinions but I figure it will not hurt their feeling if I am positive.

inyati13":2sn8evfk said:
chippie":2sn8evfk said:
inyati13":2sn8evfk said:

I do see that his back end is light. My bull is like that. I think all cattle within reason are magnificent. I will tell you what gets me. I see people put up pictures of their stock and people pick them apart. I am concerned they get too serious about such non-sense. What if the person putting up a picture is a 10 year old who is proud of their livestock and someone makes useless statements that hurts them. I often worry that I say things that may hurt a youngster or even some one who is sensitive to something that I may not be aware of. In conclusion, I don't amd will not provide negative feedback unless I am sure it is beneficial or the person reall wants it. I think the original post her actually states they are not seeking opinions but I figure it will not hurt their feeling if I am positive.
the thing is though it dont help them, personally i think this lady is going places in the cattle business ....

ALACOWMAN[/quote] I do see that his back end is light. My bull is like that. I think all cattle within reason are magnificent. I will tell you what gets me. I see people put up pictures of their stock and people pick them apart. I am concerned they get too serious about such non-sense. What if the person putting up a picture is a 10 year old who is proud of their livestock and someone makes useless statements that hurts them. I often worry that I say things that may hurt a youngster or even some one who is sensitive to something that I may not be aware of. In conclusion, I don't amd will not provide negative feedback unless I am sure it is beneficial or the person reall wants it. I think the original post her actually states they are not seeking opinions but I figure it will not hurt their feeling if I am positive.[/quote] the thing is though it dont help them, personally i think this lady is going places in the cattle business ....[/quote]

I don't know ricebelt so you got that on me. I do understand but I am not qualified anyway. I think you have seen people go too far. They did it to GlacierRidgeFarm and I know from her personal message I got from her facebook that she was hurt.

inyati13":1o7rpqfc said:

I do see that his back end is light. My bull is like that. I think all cattle within reason are magnificent. I will tell you what gets me. I see people put up pictures of their stock and people pick them apart. I am concerned they get too serious about such non-sense. What if the person putting up a picture is a 10 year old who is proud of their livestock and someone makes useless statements that hurts them. I often worry that I say things that may hurt a youngster or even some one who is sensitive to something that I may not be aware of. In conclusion, I don't amd will not provide negative feedback unless I am sure it is beneficial or the person reall wants it. I think the original post her actually states they are not seeking opinions but I figure it will not hurt their feeling if I am positive.[/quote] the thing is though it dont help them, personally i think this lady is going places in the cattle business ....[/quote]
I don't know ricebelt so you got that on me. I do understand but I am not qualified anyway. I think you have seen people go too far. They did it to GlacierRidgeFarm and I know from her personal message I got from her facebook that she was hurt.[/quote]
i dont know them either, but i can tell from reading their on the right track.... its long learnig row to hoe. but getting tips and learning from others is priceless.. even with a little pain. go off lick your wounds and come back stronger :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":2imqsk6h said:
inyati13":2imqsk6h said:

I do see that his back end is light. My bull is like that. I think all cattle within reason are magnificent. I will tell you what gets me. I see people put up pictures of their stock and people pick them apart. I am concerned they get too serious about such non-sense. What if the person putting up a picture is a 10 year old who is proud of their livestock and someone makes useless statements that hurts them. I often worry that I say things that may hurt a youngster or even some one who is sensitive to something that I may not be aware of. In conclusion, I don't amd will not provide negative feedback unless I am sure it is beneficial or the person reall wants it. I think the original post her actually states they are not seeking opinions but I figure it will not hurt their feeling if I am positive.
the thing is though it dont help them, personally i think this lady is going places in the cattle business ....[/quote]
I don't know ricebelt so you got that on me. I do understand but I am not qualified anyway. I think you have seen people go too far. They did it to GlacierRidgeFarm and I know from her personal message I got from her facebook that she was hurt.[/quote]
i dont know them either, but i can tell from reading their on the right track.... its long learnig row to hoe. but getting tips and learning from others is priceless.. even with a little pain. go off lick your wounds and come back stronger :cowboy:[/quote]
Alright, probably helps more them it hurts.

inyati13,
I am critical of our cattle too and I know their faults. If a person can not look at his or her animals and see the animal for what it is, chances are that person will not improve his or her herd.

My oldest daughter raises show quality chickens as a hobby. She buys hatching eggs out of proven winners. She always hopes for a superior quality rooster. The reason being, a rooster will improve her flock much faster than one hen. Same goes for cattle. You can have excellent cows, but a mediocre bull will not help your program.

If a person does not want opinions about something, don't post a pic or at least tell folks that you don't want any.

ALACOWMAN":2wicctaq said:
http://www.kidscowsandmore.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Beef-MC-Something-Special-129W14-Web.jpg i know its a different situation, photo shop here and there.. but his ''type'' is what id look for... shoot for the moon, you can aleast grab a star on the way down :cowboy:

What, that deep- bodied, flat muscled, black buffalo? Surely there's better out there. :) I like some of the MC bulls, but I think they have let the numbers run away from them a little bit. We have a 3/4 brother to Revelation, though, that we are weaning next week and are pretty excited about. He might wean close to 800# and might be better, for us.... I'll be posting those, so everyone can have a field day tearing them apart! :)

Thanks Inyati! :nod: The positive comments are very welcome. However, the criticisms do make you look at things a little harder when you have to defend (xyz). We sold him today private treaty. Was sad to see him go, but am very excited about replacing our old bulls with some coming yearlings we are developing. Old being 4 1/2-5...

This is more what we're shooting for.

http://www.corlaycattle.com/magnum.html
http://bovine-elite.com/brangus/ChiefOfIndianHills23P68_lg.jpg
http://bovine-elite.com/brangus/MCOnstar924W4_lg.jpg

I really do appreciate all of the comments, good or bad! We don't get many people to visit, so this is somewhat of an outlet for me. :compute:

Sometimes it's better to not say anything that is not nice if someone don't want to hear truth about their bulls. I've seen pathetic looking bulls on here tho the bull above me looks better than some bulls, especially the bulls in Craigslist thread.

Taurus":3p0tjvn0 said:
Sometimes it's better to not say anything that is not nice if someone don't want to hear truth about their bulls. I've seen pathetic looking bulls on here tho the bull above me looks better than some bulls, especially the bulls in Craigslist thread.

Love those.

ricebeltrancher,
Congratulations on selling the bull. It looks like what you are shooting for shows that you have a good eye. You'll make it there.

I see that you are in Southeast Texas. Have you ever been to the Houston Livestock Show International Brangus Cattle Sale? I enjoy looking at the sale cattle in the different breeds.

ETA: Next year's sale will be on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. - International Brangus Association Sale (Reliant Center, East Arena)

ricebeltrancher":9qyqlz3o said:
Thanks Inyati! :nod: The positive comments are very welcome. However, the criticisms do make you look at things a little harder when you have to defend (xyz). We sold him today private treaty. Was sad to see him go, but am very excited about replacing our old bulls with some coming yearlings we are developing. Old being 4 1/2-5...

This is more what we're shooting for.

http://www.corlaycattle.com/magnum.html
http://bovine-elite.com/brangus/ChiefOfIndianHills23P68_lg.jpg
http://bovine-elite.com/brangus/MCOnstar924W4_lg.jpg

I really do appreciate all of the comments, good or bad! We don't get many people to visit, so this is somewhat of an outlet for me. :compute:

Knowing that is what you're aiming for you should welcome those brutally honest negative comments about the bull but never take it personally. BTW don't you just love the way they can photoshop the sheath completely off those brangus bulls?? :)

What if the person putting up a picture is a 10 year old who is proud of their livestock and someone makes useless statements that hurts them. ". I think now is appropriate to remind you that this is an open family forum and your recent " C stimulation" posts are inappropriate. You also need to buy some more cows or give me some of your grass......;)

ps. Put your shirt on!

chippie":u8heo9uv said:
ricebeltrancher,
Congratulations on selling the bull. It looks like what you are shooting for shows that you have a good eye. You'll make it there.

I see that you are in Southeast Texas. Have you ever been to the Houston Livestock Show International Brangus Cattle Sale? I enjoy looking at the sale cattle in the different breeds.

ETA: Next year's sale will be on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. - International Brangus Association Sale (Reliant Center, East Arena)

We always want to go, but it just hasn't worked out yet. The kiddos are getting older, so that will help!

I really like the definition in this bull...
I dunno. I always find it eye appealing to me when I see a bull that has ripples from some beef going on under the hide. :)
He may be a little light in the rear but I still think he's got a bit to offer.

Latest posts