Best SAV female maker?

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a Recharge daughter with excellent feet and legs. Her faults is she is too small framed and marginal on milk. With that being said I will be using 2 sons this year. I try to take care of her on frame and milk.
Yup we've got the same problem with our recharge daughters about half of them don't milk enough and Are fat with the smallest calves in fall, now the renowns I gotta say are better maternal cows, we have a Double bred recharge son that has perfect feet so it's Just some That Are poor

If linebreeding is causing poor feet your gene pool for good feet is too thin. You are revealing your weakness. If we are doing things correctly line breeding will improve feet.

I am taking a couple bulls this year to The Best of the West sale in Ft Worth.
The sale is coming up in a little over a week, how about some pictures of the bulls that you're putting in the sale.
It couldn't hurt to spread the word to those that are attending the sale.

If linebreeding is causing poor feet your gene pool for good feet is too thin. You are revealing your weakness. If we are doing things correctly line breeding will improve feet.
Exactly! It's a lot easier to have good results line breeding if you're using stuff you have raised. You really can't get a strong enough picture of what you are doing if you are buying all your semen.

The sale is coming up in a little over a week, how about some pictures of the bulls that you're putting in the sale.
It couldn't hurt to spread the word to those that are attending the sale.
I have one I just took of lot 27. I will get and post better pics Friday.

Attachments

• 530BD601-B7CC-49FF-AD30-08BE2CADE93D.jpeg
    530BD601-B7CC-49FF-AD30-08BE2CADE93D.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 18
Professional pictures in the catalog and videos are a must in my part of Canada. Very few people attend sales in person anymore. I went to the first one in person since the start of the pandemic in December as it was just a few miles down the road and the lunch was amazing. Outside of the sale staff I don't think there were 20 people. Sale average was strong and they sold across the country. It's all online here now which has its benefits. I have bid online on two separate sales at the same time. Instead of wasting a day driving all over I can spend an hour or less in the house, watch what I'm interested sell and get back to work.

By crikey, the sale in about a week and you haven't got photos yet??? I don't think that is good marketing.

Ken

I recognize that marketing doesn't come naturally to most of us, we raise cattle and that's what we love doing.
Marketing becomes a necessary evil to fund our continuing operations, but this can be learned. Perhaps you and others can share tips or ideas for how to more effectively market cattle. Tell us what has worked, and what didn't work for you.

We're seeing some bad feet in our recharge, resource, and renown cows, they have a corkscrew toe, somewhere in that pedigree there's weak feet, some of them have great feet and then some are bad enough we had to cull them so it doesn't effect every cow
I have a Recharge daughter. She has great feet, teats and udder. The two issues I have with her is she is too small framed and light on milk. If you cover her weaknesses she will raise a good calf. I have found some SAV cattle are small framed like her.