Best SAV female maker?

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm

Reaction score
With all the 4136 sons and grandsons, 4136 x 0075, some with a shot of Charlo , some with 2 shots of 4136. Which SAV bull makes the females ? I have a cow with big names in her pedigree and want to continue that.
Ext
New Design 036
Final Answer
Connealy Thunder
Saguhatchee
Her dam was just culled at 18 years old after raising a calf. She is built pretty good , real feminine but needs some help with her feet.
Supercharger, Resource ,America , Rainfall?
AAA#19229368

Last edited:
Resource is always good for females. I have some pioneer females that are great. If you wouldn't mind a double shot of FA, I'd recommend pioneer. My nephew has some young rainfall cows that he really likes..squatty little things but very correct.

Resource is always good for females. I have some pioneer females that are great. If you wouldn't mind a double shot of FA, I'd recommend pioneer. My nephew has some young rainfall cows that he really likes..squatty little things but very correct.
I thought about Quaterback. My Genes rep said, "line breeding messes up feet". I have Resource, Quaterback , and Scale Crusher being shipped.

I am a fan of Pioneer he made us some excellent females, I love the Resource daughters once you get them going but some are slow to starting gate.
The cow has a cowboy up heifer on her now. Maybe I should use Resource and see which bull has more power ?

The cow has a cowboy up heifer on her now. Maybe I should use Resource and see which bull has more power ?
My money would be on cowboy up for power but firmly believe resource would make a better cow

My money would be on cowboy up for power but firmly believe resource would make a better cow
That's what I was thinking. So far the Cowboy Up heifer has way more gas then my Exclusive x Net Worth heifer. Maybe I will put Cowboy Up in my Net Worth cow.

That's what I was thinking. So far the Cowboy Up heifer has way more gas then my Exclusive x Net Worth heifer. Maybe I will put Cowboy Up in my Net Worth cow.
What's the temperament of the cowboy up heifer? When I dabbled in AI I considered him but got scared off because of the low DOC and Milk EPD's

Just rechecked his EPDs and DOC and MILK have both improved. I'd use him now

I had a lot of luck with Bruiser. He never got a ton of publicity but I used him almost exclusively for about 3 years on both heifers and cows and was always very pleased with his calves overall. Still have at least 20 of his daughters in the herd and no telling how many granddaughters at this point. They are a little smaller framed, but very fertile and deep bodied. The daughters make really nice calves crossed with simmental.

Check out SAV territory.
He is a resource son out of a density cow. Awesome phenotype that is sure to make some real brood cows. Renown daughters are great too.

I thought about Quaterback. My Genes rep said, "line breeding messes up feet". I have Resource, Quaterback , and Scale Crusher being shipped.
We're seeing some bad feet in our recharge, resource, and renown cows, they have a corkscrew toe, somewhere in that pedigree there's weak feet, some of them have great feet and then some are bad enough we had to cull them so it doesn't effect every cow

Latest posts