Best of the best.

Help Support CattleToday:

Genetics in general seem to be better up here as a whole and yes the cattle larger. My 205 day weights avg 630-650 usually each year.

Weighed a couple bucks last weekend, field dressed @ around 210. Good solid bucks, but not monsters. Although racks seem to be larger down south.

Silver":232cch49 said:
Nesikep":232cch49 said:
I'm on the east side of the coast mountains.. not the rockies though.. I thought you were around Williams lake?

No, me and Santa are neighbours up here in Peace River country :D
ah... Would you be able to hop on over next door and check on Tamarack for me? Haven't heard from him in a long time.

Supa Dexta":rqpbx8wo said:
Genetics in general seem to be better up here as a whole and yes the cattle larger. My 205 day weights avg 630-650 usually each year.

While I tend to agree that northern cattle tend to be larger and wean larger, I still believe it takes good management to achieve those weaning weights, and you should be congratulated for achieving them.

Aaron":1ufcl7c9 said:
Walking through the sales pens, for every 5 calves here, 2 are Char cross, 1 is Hereford, 1 is Simm cross, and 1 is Red or Black Angus. It's like the 80's all over again - even Shorthorns are slowly coming back.

Black is still beautiful here. A small uptick in reds, but it is hard to find red bulls.
Less stein cross than there was 15 years ago. :nod: Used to be buying a black bull was a common dairy retirement program.
Angus x Simi for the mad scientists, but only BA x BA for the true believers and the crowd followers.

Latest posts