Best Hereford Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

3027, Harland and Yankee if horned. About Time and Trust are the best consistent producing polled bulls. I wouldn't use either Revolution or 242. I've been looking at polled cattle to purchase and anything with 242 in their background I eliminate. As far as Ribeye his daughters don't stand up in our area in a cake and grass situation. I demand performance along with carcass and maternal traits. That eliminates some of the cattle mentioned for me.

elkwc":2jp60ett said:
3027, Harland and Yankee if horned. About Time and Trust are the best consistent producing polled bulls. I wouldn't use either Revolution or 242. I've been looking at polled cattle to purchase and anything with 242 in their background I eliminate. As far as Ribeye his daughters don't stand up in our area in a cake and grass situation. I demand performance along with carcass and maternal traits. That eliminates some of the cattle mentioned for me.

If you're going to go with About Time, you're looking at spending $300+ a straw. But there are a lot of good About Time sons out there that may be a good cross. Trust may put some eye pigment on them too. You're looking at $30ish a straw for him. I have some in the tank from him but haven't used him yet. I know both bulls are big in the Hereford breed right now. I can't speak on the horned animals very much. I have yet to use them. I have a son of Gaucho that I will be using for a clean up bull and I am really liking how he is coming along. But I can't say anything as far as his calves are concerned yet.

mattn":1gf0kcad said:
Here is a young bull that I am keeping an eye on and probably going to try out. Out of a good dam and a breed leading epd type of sire...but totally unproven so far...

http://www.thegenesource.com/storefront ... 42-et.html

Personally I've had good luck with THM Durango 4037 cattle. Very good depth and thickness.

I have used the Apollo bull, had three bull calves out of him last fall, (70-72 lbs), and got a heifer on the way. Good calving ease bull with good growth on the calves. The X51 bloodline is good. I think you will be happy. Got to see him up close an personal before buying the semen from owner and very satisfied with results.