Best guard dog

Help Support CattleToday:

Those Jack Russells are hard to beat.. but as far as my best guard dog... it had to be my lab I had a few years back . She was the best by far. Now, my red healer is a great one though. Lets me know when anyone comes up the drive.. or is on the property.

greybeard":pl66vk2n said:
Yellow Black mouth cur.
x2 Queenslands would be my second pick but they're either friendly or over the top wary and they need to know the difference. My curs are really good about assessing the situation and responding as they see fit. The neighbor kids come up to the back door through the orchard and if the curs bark at them it's friendly but with adults they're standoffish until they get them figured out a little. Once they make their mind up that something needs to be done they will get it done. :nod: If they decide that someone is friendly then they ignore them but keep an eye on them.
I let a sales rep for a semen company that I deal with come in my yard to get some semen out of my inventory. The curs laid there and watched him until my daughter came running around the corner screaming with her friend. They ran that guy up in the back of his truck and were coming up the side to get him until my daughter told them it was okay and then they turned it off and went back and laid down.

Do you want an alarm dog or a guard dog?
Alarm,get a terrier/Dachund/Chawawa(nope,can't spell)
Guard? Anything big and black. I found German Shepherds to be the best,but get working lines or CD,CDX lines.. and be sure you have a job for any of these dogs to do. If they don't have a job they will find a job -- and you won't like it.

Latest posts