One Of The Best

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Lost a beloved neighbor last night and the community is reeling. Spot on, the meme Nesi posted in the Side Effects thread: lived and looked like a pauper but one of the wealthiest men around. Ornery old cuss, but generous, almost to a fault. I loved riding with him in the combine! We'd give each other a hard time and swap stories for hours. Anytime my husband was out of town for a Board meeting, he & his wife would bring me dinner (they were afraid I wouldn't eat😄).

When another farmer was diagnosed with terminal cancer, my neighbor rallied the troops and they finished his harvest. All of us that had wheat from that harvest donated our profit to the college fund for the farmers' son. And when our hay is cut, he once again rallies the troops and they come out with hay trailers & track loaders to move all the bales so my husband doesn't have to. There truly are too many examples of his generosity to list.

This man survived polio as a kid, a stroke, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, skin cancer & a massive heart attack (while he was driving). But his grit, faith and love of his family kept him going. My hope to all of you, is that you are blessed with someone just as amazing in your life. Fly high, Donnie!!110.JPG

The vultures are circling. Already. Family members that have moved away &/or haven't had much contact with him are already asking about the will. Double whammy, for the ones that truly cherished him. What is wrong with people?????

Latest posts