Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Braford

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Beefmaster

Votes: 15 26.8%

• Total voters
Angus Cowman":3ojugzo1 said:
I am just upset that Jogee's Imbalancers didn't make the list
Lol, he should have started a association and I would have added them. I forgot to add Simbrah and a couple others that once again I forgot. :(

ANAZAZI":3tq23t97 said:
I voted droughtmaster because I were so impressed with the bull I saw on here yesterday. Otherwise santa gertrudis and beefmaster are my favourites ( albeit my experience from these breeds in real life is zero; I have read lots of good about them).
There are no composites here in sweden, but I am making one out of swedish red, piedmontese and a few nature breeds. It is supposed to be gold brindle when it is completed.

Post pics!

FarmGirl10":1uye853g said:
Angus Cowman":1uye853g said:
Lol, he should have started a association and I would have added them. I forgot to add Simbrah and a couple others that once again I forgot. :(
I believe he looked into an association but after careful examination and scrutinizing he went with the syndication route because it was more profitable
you wanna buy some shares?

kenny thomas":hywv4b7d said:
Not one of your choices but Simangus is selling very well.
Brafords are still selling well here.....We call em ........Queen of the cow country ...... here. They get the job done quite well

FarmGirl10":3mvghrnt said:
Angus Cowman":3mvghrnt said:

Also missed the world famouts Salorn

Mr. Greenjeans said:
Cattle_007.jpg

Just my effort to get ANAZAZI to switch the vote to BLACK BRANGUS.

Greenjeans[/quote

DEar mr greenjeans,I am in no way a fan of either angus nor black cattle nor polled cattle, however; these branguses look thick and healthy and the young guy seems to benefit from the brahma style milk of your breed.

CKC1586":civ9lnia said:
ANAZAZI":civ9lnia said:
I voted droughtmaster because I were so impressed with the bull I saw on here yesterday. Otherwise santa gertrudis and beefmaster are my favourites ( albeit my experience from these breeds in real life is zero; I have read lots of good about them).
There are no composites here in sweden, but I am making one out of swedish red, piedmontese and a few nature breeds. It is supposed to be gold brindle when it is completed.
I think you will be happy with the addition of Piedmontese. Please share pictures when they hit the ground! :tiphat:

The gold brindle is far from completed, but I work on several lines to make it; it will have the piedmontese genetics for the myostatine, the black skin, and the red-yellow colour that is underneath the grey (wich I am breeding out of them). The brindle gene is not common in the swedish red breed but as it happens I i have gotten to bulls carrying it. The first one I used on eight heifers for calving ease, and to multiply the brindle gene, wich is difficult to notice on very red animals like mine. The second bull will I use in the same manner this summmer, only this bull I will keep and not eat like the first one. Both are low birthweight with good conformation and nice long horns, the younger one is however not a fence jumper. Second and third breeding season he will hopefully breed half pied heifers to combine colour genes and to dilute pied influence in general. These half pedmontese heifers are for their second calf bred to thier half brothers in hope to make some homozygous bull calves that can be used as herdsires. The pure swedish red cows and the highlands and mongrels will be bred to my piedemontese bull until his homozygous line bred two fourths pied grandsons appear. And those in turn will be replaced with two eights pied great grandsons that will be the first true double muscled gold brindles.

In time I will convincemy computer savvy wife to post some pix :banana: :banana:

houstoncutter":14i2d6b3 said:
Brafords are still selling well here.....We call em ........Queen of the cow country ...... here. They get the job done quite well
Just a note. Braford, a composite, is 3/8 X 5/8. The queen of cow country is an FI cross. The major difference is hi-bred vigor.

Angus Cowman":10yqa7b2 said:
you wanna buy some shares?
i think i will pass on the offer.

dun":10yqa7b2 said:
Also missed the world famouts Salorn
Yeah, i actually almost put them on, but I didn't remember anybody ever really mentioning them on here so I passed. I only added in the RX3 to see if they still existed.

ANAZAZI":3cet4zfh said:
CKC1586":3cet4zfh said:
ANAZAZI":3cet4zfh said:
I think you will be happy with the addition of Piedmontese. Please share pictures when they hit the ground! :tiphat:

The gold brindle is far from completed, but I work on several lines to make it; it will have the piedmontese genetics for the myostatine, the black skin, and the red-yellow colour that is underneath the grey (wich I am breeding out of them). The brindle gene is not common in the swedish red breed but as it happens I i have gotten to bulls carrying it. The first one I used on eight heifers for calving ease, and to multiply the brindle gene, wich is difficult to notice on very red animals like mine. The second bull will I use in the same manner this summmer, only this bull I will keep and not eat like the first one. Both are low birthweight with good conformation and nice long horns, the younger one is however not a fence jumper. Second and third breeding season he will hopefully breed half pied heifers to combine colour genes and to dilute pied influence in general. These half pedmontese heifers are for their second calf bred to thier half brothers in hope to make some homozygous bull calves that can be used as herdsires. The pure swedish red cows and the highlands and mongrels will be bred to my piedemontese bull until his homozygous line bred two fourths pied grandsons appear. And those in turn will be replaced with two eights pied great grandsons that will be the first true double muscled gold brindles.

In time I will convincemy computer savvy wife to post some pix :banana: :banana:
You may be interested in this;
http://www.cattlenetwork.com/Cow_Calf_C ... tID=292817

Watertondifter":3kmls0s0 said:
breeding catlle is not like breeding hogs...

No, because when I breed cows it is utterly slow; one calf per year, only heifers half of the time and two years between generations.
Yes hogs have one year between generations and ten times as many females to choose from.
However, I can be patient, because f1s are good enough for common meat purposes.

I voted Beefmaster since I have used them for over 25 yrs. They work for me as I have black baldie, hereford cows and most of my replacement heifers each yr carry at least 1/3 beefmaster some have gone up to 7/8 beefmaster over the years.
I like the way the calves grow and finish in the feedlot
JMO

Latest posts