Best clutch?

Help Support CattleToday:

denvermartinfarms

Reaction score
I'm guessing southbend, but does anyone think there is a better clutch for a 2007 dodge with a chipped 6.7?

I replaced the stock clutch at about 90k a year and a half ago because of a un preventable situation that was knowones or the trucks fault, I put a Valeo in it and at the time it was stock, a while back I finally got tired of issues with the exhaust filters so we removed them and put a chip in it. The clutch is starting to slip with a load on so I'm guessing that clutch just won't hold the extra power, it's just got 50k on it so I can't think it would be anything other than that.

Kingfisher":189wpcfl said:
Google "Centerforce"
Thanks, looks like about 1800$ for the parts, I can get a southbend installed for 1400$ do you think this centerforce is worth the extra money?

denvermartinfarms":3rtbzu07 said:
Kingfisher":3rtbzu07 said:
Google "Centerforce"
Thanks, looks like about 1800$ for the parts, I can get a southbend installed for 1400$ do you think this centerforce is worth the extra money?
Show me the link you found. I suppose these pieces are so much $ because the kit includes a dual mass flywheel? We use to send our disc/pressure plate to Centerforce and they would feline disc and do their magic to the PP.

I would look at southbend or valair, both are pretty well regarded by the guys putting down power. If you can get a southbend installed for $1400, I would jump on it. I just had a sachs clutch installed installed on my 07 6.7 for $1100 a few weeks ago, but that included a single mass flywheel conversion and was a stock power level replacement as I don't intend to mod my truck.

Centerforce makes a good clutch, but I don't know much about them when it comes to diesels. My buddies used to run them on race cars when I was younger.

Kingfisher":1fgor125 said:
denvermartinfarms":1fgor125 said:
Kingfisher":1fgor125 said:
Google "Centerforce"
Show me the link you found. I suppose these pieces are so much $ because the kit includes a dual mass flywheel? We use to send our disc/pressure plate to Centerforce and they would feline disc and do their magic to the PP.
I don't know about a link, I just looked up what you said and found them.

Latest posts