Bellis Sale (Herefords in Missourri)

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowhereford II

Reaction score
May 4th. I really like what I have seen and heard. Left the catalog in the truck, but it is being held near Springfield. The JDB 517 Stewart bull has sired multiple sons that have gained 5# adg or more at the OBI test.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts about the cattle. In particular, the Stewart bull is of interest. He has some outstanding #'s and pretty high accuracy. Thanks,

Jeff

Did anyone go? We did and we bought a Sept 07 heifer. Her name is Dominette, but I don't have my catalog in front of me for the lot number. I think her sire is CL Domino? I don't have any of the paper work in front of me and we don't have the heifer home yet. Some friends of ours bought some bulls and another heifer and is going after them all tomorrow and will leave them together at his house till they all bawl out. Hopefully we can get her here by weekend. We have a granddaughter and a grandson of the Stewart bull. I love the heifer-she's nice. The bull is at my inlaws house and has done a lot of growing over the winter. They both just turned 2 in March. Was wanting another heifer with that bloodline, but it didn't work out. I was impressed with their cattle and loved the sale facility that they used.

bigbull338":21xorygw said:
with a name like dominette your heifer has to have domino blood in her.

Yeah the problem with some of the horned breeders is that almost every horned L1 domino cow is named dominette. And pretty much every bull at Coopers is named CL1 Domino (ID #). :lol:

showmom, how were the cows? What do you think their averages were. I was hoping to get a look at their catalog, but it never came up on Reed's website. Glad to hear you got a good calf. I really like the cooper and holden herds and that should be a nice calf (if the cooper bull is her sire).

We really enjoyed the sale and didn't know what to expect. They sold half interest in a cow for over 7000 and some of the bulls brought pretty good. I was trying to write everything down but my pen was messing up so bad that I gave up. There were several bred cows that brought 1000-1200. Wish we came with more money. Several of the show quality heifers brought around the 2000 mark. We gave 1500 for ours. I think that is the most we have ever gave for an animal! They had a nice cow with a Reload heifer calf sell for 1600. I really wish we could have gotten her. We are planning on going to the Hereford Jr. Nationals next year in Tulsa and want the kids to have a fighting chance. Hopefully this little lady will be a good one for my son. We are thinking about going to a sale in june at Hot Springs, Arkansas. Would love to go to Star lakes, but it is a little rich for our blood. We will watch it on tv.

showmomof2":1cb20h71 said:
We really enjoyed the sale and didn't know what to expect. They sold half interest in a cow for over 7000 and some of the bulls brought pretty good. I was trying to write everything down but my pen was messing up so bad that I gave up. There were several bred cows that brought 1000-1200. Wish we came with more money. Several of the show quality heifers brought around the 2000 mark. We gave 1500 for ours. I think that is the most we have ever gave for an animal! They had a nice cow with a Reload heifer calf sell for 1600. I really wish we could have gotten her. We are planning on going to the Hereford Jr. Nationals next year in Tulsa and want the kids to have a fighting chance. Hopefully this little lady will be a good one for my son. We are thinking about going to a sale in june at Hot Springs, Arkansas. Would love to go to Star lakes, but it is a little rich for our blood. We will watch it on tv.

Good so it sounds like there was a ranging budget to fit alot of people's needs. I would have liked to have been there. It sounds like there were several deals to be made. We'll have to plan a trip down there for next year definitely.

Latest posts