Beefmaster Show

Help Support CattleToday:

Joy in Texas

Reaction score
We had a pretty neat day last friday. Hubby and I went to the beefmaster bull show at the Live Oak Fair grounds. The was some very nice bulls there. First place went to David Joeris out of Moore ,Texas. I took a couple of pictures (not the best)
12-27-06_004.jpg

12-27-06_005.jpg

This bull was pretty awesome in the ring. He was borned 2-14-05. So for 23 months he's a big one.

good looking bull for sure has more of the hereford color pattern.now if he could throw that consistantly in his offsprings. i wouldnt be afraid to use him

Thats the one thing about beefmaster. They throw different colors than what they look like. Especially with the paints.
I do like his markings though. If herefords looked like this I would buy them.

Oh yeah that would be a good cross. I'm not sure who bought him. But I think they got a good bull. He could go on just about anything.
My paint bull that I have has the same body style. He is on my 3 limo's and cross bred cows. They should start calving the end of this month and feb. I can't wait.

Joy in Texas":32mltdl9 said:
Oh yeah that would be a good cross. I'm not sure who bought him. But I think they got a good bull. He could go on just about anything.
My paint bull that I have has the same body style. He is on my 3 limo's and cross bred cows. They should start calving the end of this month and feb. I can't wait.

On your three cows? What a cattleman/woman!!!

And we wonder why we have such mongrelized cattle running around.

nortexsook":183y28gr said:
Joy in Texas":183y28gr said:

Sorry ... I have 67 head of cattle at this moment. So yes I do call myself A CATTLE WOMAN. As of 2 -2 1/2 yrs ago. We had 150-200 head. Due to the drought we sold down to what I have now.

nortexsook":27mbp66j said:
Joy in Texas":27mbp66j said:

Nortex, You need to learn some manners before you start commenting.

nortexsook":13uikwpz said:
Joy in Texas":13uikwpz said:

If you'd been on here more than 3 days before you start bashing other people's cattle operations, you'd know that Joy has more than 3 cows. Maybe if you'd quit, you could learn something from her. As you can tell from her above post, she knows good cattle when she sees them.

Thank you cypress and Cowgirl, I don't know Nortex nor do I want to. Some days I wish I only had 3 cows....life would be alot easier

If you look at the Live Oak catalog, Joeris has some impressive epd's on his bulls as well. He also has the BBU trait leader in WW and will probably soon have the trait leader in YW.

CowpokeJ":1nr4mqsh said:
If you look at the Live Oak catalog, Joeris has some impressive epd's on his bulls as well. He also has the BBU trait leader in WW and will probably soon have the trait leader in YW.
Yes he does. I've been looking at older sale 2000 and up. Joeris seems to have his act together. I'm really impressed with him.
Have you seen what Zipperer 012 looks like ?

Latest posts