Beefmaster question on color and dispostion

Help Support CattleToday:

Muddy, thanks for giving your opinion on this bull. I think he will work as well, but I am still trying to determine what physical traits he possesses that make him what he is. In other words, is he heavily muscled, or just well balanced? In my opinion, I would say he is very well balanced and smooth polled to boot!!!! If I can get polled without sacrificing quality, count me in coach. I was speaking with Buster over the phone and he was telling me that this bulls sire has yet to throw a calf with horns. While I was at it I was able to get brand of his maternal grandsire and will post a picture of him too.

Mottle, first thanks for posting the sale results. Looks like they traded very good which should be expected with the reputation of Buster, ISA, Frenzel, Double L, and so many more in that area. I have not purchased a bull from that sale or Beef on Forage (which I visited last year) but see a lot of quality being represented. I may use some semen in the future but am cautious of the transition to primarily fescue pasture.

as for as the bull pictured, I really like him from the picture...did you get his registration #? I was going to question the bone mass from his shoulder to hoff but since you said he is polled they are sometimes lighter boned...I would want to observe him moving. Really like his muscling from the picture...He is definite candidate. Like tdc said pictures need to be followed up with personal observation.

Muddy...can't say on this bull but true beefmasters are 1/4 shorthorn and some of the shorthorns we had when I was a kid were white...might be in his lineage.

Don't take any of these comments as a negative toward Buster as although I have never dealt with personally he has a great reputation.

I would buy that bull from Buster in a heartbeat. Nice and thick and solid looking with a pretty straight back nice and clean underline and good bloodlines. He looks just like a cow I have you see those creams with white faces every once in awhile. I have never gotten a cream calf from her all reds with bald face.

Mottlefaceman413":3dn5per5 said:

Here is another photo Buster sent me guys. Just want to say thanks for all the help in advance.

So are you going to come up and buy him?

wacocowboy":1q8pgaj6 said:
I would buy that bull from Buster in a heartbeat. Nice and thick and solid looking with a pretty straight back nice and clean underline and good bloodlines. He looks just like a cow I have you see those creams with white faces every once in awhile. I have never gotten a cream calf from her all reds with bald face.
That is the only issue I have with a beef master bull you never know what color is coming out of the box.

the color combos are what i like about beefmasters.a few days ago my big 13yr old red paint cow had a nice red paint bull calf.he looks just like his daddy.back in dec i had a paint bull calf from my bull that hurt himself.the dec calfs momma is a paint as well.i like those cromed up calves.

Caustic Burno":s9x9muca said:
wacocowboy":s9x9muca said:
That is the only issue I have with a beef master bull you never know what color is coming out of the box.

Not all Beefmaster bulls are like that. All the calves from my bull are mostly red. I imagine if you put the right Beefmaster bull on your Brafords you would end up with mostly red maybe some white underline like Hereford and some bald faces.

Latest posts