Beefmaster question on color and dispostion

Help Support CattleToday:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38406&p=420215&hilit=buster+260#p420215

Not sure if that is 260 in the link or not kinda looks like him. This is a link to a photo EC posted of 260. I stay in Texas and Oklahoma mainly when I go to sales not much of a traveler. I buy my females all over the place. I just find breeders I trust who are using quality bloodlines. I am very picky about what I buy. I have a list of bulls I like and a list of bulls I have no use for. I have a list of breeders I will buy animals from and I have a list of breeders I won't do business with.

yes its their ideaogy thats differant.yes im a reg breeder.my family also runs comm cows.sorry i dont have any pics of my cattle.now for the bull i run.my last bull was a bullet proof son.my new bull is allycat his sire WR cash advance he goes back to johnny cash dam WR ally she goes back to cherokee appeal.he was purchased from blue ribbon beefmasters as a calf by his 1st owner.i bought him as a 3yr old bull.waiting on his 1st calves right now.

Hey Guys, I reached out to Larry Buster and he sent me a picture of this bull. He said he would be selling him at the OHOA test and sale. I had the pleasure of watching the Texoma sale and they had some good bulls, but were none was this quality, or at least in my thinking. However, I am not for sure because most of my experiences are with more English type cattle, so I am limited when it comes Brahman influenced breeds. I welcome all opinions because if you guys approve, I may take a run at him..

wacocowboy":2r1vq713 said:
http://www.cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38406&p=420215&hilit=buster+260#p420215

Not sure if that is 260 in the link or not kinda looks like him. This is a link to a photo EC posted of 260. I stay in Texas and Oklahoma mainly when I go to sales not much of a traveler. I buy my females all over the place. I just find breeders I trust who are using quality bloodlines. I am very picky about what I buy. I have a list of bulls I like and a list of bulls I have no use for. I have a list of breeders I will buy animals from and I have a list of breeders I won't do business with.

Wacocowboy, thanks for the guidance I reached out to Larry Buster and he provided me with a ton of information. Furthermore, he gave me tips on the difference bulls I should be looking to have genetics from and provided me with the picture I posted below. I am really considering making a run at this bull, but I am waiting on several of you guys to post and give you assessment before I commit to anything.

Someone told me I was missing a pretty good Beefmaster discussion. You're reaching in the right direction with Larry Buster. He's a good friend of mine, and he just so happens to have some of the breed's top cattle. The Texoma sale you watched today would've had several of his bulls in the top 10 as far as grading and selling in prior years. Having visited his herd on many occasions, I can say that he's not a breeder that's pushing all red. He does have some of the most gentle cattle I've been around. I decided to rustle up several pictures. I've put a weaned heifer, a yearling heifer, a bred heifer, a bred 3 year old, and 11 year old, and a 12 year old in the pictures below. I just wanted to show that, in my opinion, the quality runs deep and has for a long time. Each of these animals have his brand. Fortunately for me, I can claim ownership of 4 of them. Buster 260 was referenced in an earlier post. He's the sire of the bred heifer (pictured 3rd).

maybe I oughtta stop cutting all my bullcalfs and start doing the paperwork. looks like im missing out on alotta oppurtunities.

I am leaning hard to Beefmaster for my next bull, I have excess pasture and start holding
heifers for replacements. Should make some good looking replacements on my girls.

East Caney, you have an exceptional set of cattle. You should send me a private message containing price information on a couple of those? Just kidding, I know it would be hard to get someone to give up cattle of that quality. Pappy6, the sell average is as follows.

Two Year old Bulls- 6092
Long Yearling Bulls - 5660
Yearling Bulls- 4356
Bred Heifers- 3688
Open Heifers -2477

Pappy, I had the opportunity to watch the sale and it went well. The high selling bull brought 25k and they had another couple bring over 10k. Definitely, some demand for Beefmaster cattle I would say. I think the volume buyer was Roaring Springs Ranch up in Oregon. Based on the best of both worlds video he really seems to be doing good using Beefmaster Bulls.

dieselbeef":2zwth3yb said:
maybe I oughtta stop cutting all my bullcalfs and start doing the paperwork. looks like im missing out on alotta oppurtunities.

Dieselbeef, do you produce calves like this on a regular basis? If so, what are you doing to obtain this type of quality on a consistent basis? Also, if you were going to fault this bull, how or where would it be?

pappy6":uvumhkfq said:
not trying to hijack thread...just curious if anybody has high selling and average from Texoma sale? Wondering how this commercial market is affecting our bulls....thanks

Pappy6, what are your thought on this young herd sire? You have been doing this while. what do you think?

tdc_cattle":2gglow3s said:
Mottlefaceman413":2gglow3s said:

Here is another photo Buster sent me guys. Just want to say thanks for all the help in advance.

Looks good to me

TDC, are there any particular that stand out to you about this bull? I guess I am asking what it is you like about this bull? Reason being, is that I want to make sure I do not miss anything and you might help see something that I could be missing.

Overall I think he looks good. I hate judging to much just from a picture. People that know what they are doing can make things look a lot better then they actually are. I don't see anything that would be a red flag if your interested in him.

Where are you located at?

tdc_cattle":2lrntqp5 said:
Overall I think he looks good. I hate judging to much just from a picture. People that know what they are doing can make things look a lot better then they actually are. I don't see anything that would be a red flag if your interested in him.

Where are you located at?

TDC, I appreciate your assessment and I am located in Northeast Texas.

Muddy":299vdadc said:
Where do the silver (silver bull pictured) came from?

Muddy, this is a bull that was raised by Buster Beefmaster up in Northeast Oklahoma. I think? Wacocowboy, would know better than me. However, I believe I may have the location correct; although, I know have the origin of the bull correct. Muddy, do you have any Beefmaster cattle? Also, what are your thoughts on this bull?

No I do not have any Beefmasters, other than being paid to load up a group of Beefmasters to haul them to southern Iowa from Minnesota. That white bull is very nice and if I live in the South I would use him.

Latest posts