Beavers behaving badly

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":1iu1lwwu said:
Beef11":1iu1lwwu said:
If there is a lodge in the pond, put some dynamite in it and disturb the beavers when the come out ie shooting at them. Wait about 10 minutes and blow the lodge. This should get most of them.

This method works well, when we did it (neighbor was an explosives man) we blew the dam and the lodge and some other stuff we thought needed adjusted. 8 sticks is the magic number. That way you don't have to wonder.

Don't be tempted to spice things up with two bags of saturated
nh4no3 on it - its a bit of an overkill and you'll draw concern from your neighbors - even if they live a mile from you.

JoGee--did you mean to add "don't ask me how I know!"?
2 bags of ammonia nitrate would probably deepen the pond considerably. Could propel a beaver log half a mile, I suspect.

My neighbors (about 200 yds away) have a fascination with exploding things. It can be disconcerting. :lol:

john250":julirg7r said:
Jogeephus":julirg7r said:
Beef11":julirg7r said:
If there is a lodge in the pond, put some dynamite in it and disturb the beavers when the come out ie shooting at them. Wait about 10 minutes and blow the lodge. This should get most of them.

This method works well, when we did it (neighbor was an explosives man) we blew the dam and the lodge and some other stuff we thought needed adjusted. 8 sticks is the magic number. That way you don't have to wonder.

Don't be tempted to spice things up with two bags of saturated
nh4no3 on it - its a bit of an overkill and you'll draw concern from your neighbors - even if they live a mile from you.

JoGee--did you mean to add "don't ask me how I know!"?
2 bags of ammonia nitrate would probably deepen the pond considerably. Could propel a beaver log half a mile, I suspect.

My neighbors (about 200 yds away) have a fascination with exploding things. It can be disconcerting. :lol:

Is there terrorists in U.S.A.

gabby":3mpjgei7 said:
IluvABbeef":3mpjgei7 said:
Nowland Farms":3mpjgei7 said:
IluvABbeef":3mpjgei7 said:
Looks a he!! of a lot like the metal's been corroded by acid to me.

Ahhhhh, errrrrrr, thats a plastic pipe. :)

Well, it LOOKED like it was metal, from when I quickly looked at the pics... :oops: Thanks for that, btw.

Yeah, I guess them beavers that chew thru metal are the ones to REALLY watch out for! :shock: :lol:

But plastic?? Really?? THey must be either awfuly bored or they ran out of trees...<shrug>

I guess PETA would say it's my duty to put out better feed for the poor little critters!! :roll:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Sorry, couldn't help it!

gabby, let's just say that PETA don't exist in this sort of situation. ;-)

allenfarms":35x3rs58 said:
Can you buy these explosives at the local hardware store?

Here, only certain stores can carry it and only certain people can buy it. Its a tool. Can be used to dig ditches, pluck stumps and many good things - but of course it can be used for bad as well. Not used much anymore around here except with beavers dams and such. Reason being, there are a lot of places you are not able to get an excavator or a dozer to so this is the best solution.

Latest posts